20. (don't) wake me up before you go-go

Johnny wasn't looking at him, he was looking at the road. But out of the corner of his eye, he could see...Daniel had fallen asleep on the ride back. His hair was all ruffled, his breathing even and relaxed...he somehow looked even younger than usual. He somehow managed to make sitting shotgun in his car look like it was a goddamn luxury mattress.

Johnny pulled into the camp parking lot, and he was hesitant. He actually, ridiculously, thought through different methods of waking Larusso up. If it was Bobby or Tommy, he might have just yelled, or hit their leg or something. But with Larusso...Daniel wasn't different. He wasn't about to go pop the question because he gave it to him good, but he wasn't about to jolt him awake either. Johnny supposes he should feel a little proud. Nothing seemed to get Daniel to sleep, but one good session of getting dicked down seemed to have knocked his lights out to pitch-black.

Even so, he wasn't so affectionate that he was going to carry all these pizza boxes himself.

"Hey, Larusso," Johnny starts, gently shaking his shoulder. "Time to get up..."

Daniel groaned, eventually shaking out of his sleep and blinking, eyes finding Johnny's as he processed where he was, in Johnny's car and back at the camp. He glanced back at the pizza boxes, then at Johnny. "You brought those all back yourself." he commented, his voice thick with sleep. His eyes, even when half-closed with tiredness, were still Bambi-like. "You didn't wake me up?"

Johnny shook his head, embarrassment flushing his cheeks. "After my first time with Ali, uh...we both got, like, basically knocked out. I think it's, like, hormones and stuff? I just figured I'd let you sleep."

"Oh," Daniel replied, smiling crookedly. "Well, never thought I'd see you be a gentleman, Johnny. But thanks. I'll help you bring these back, obviously."

"Obviously," Johnny mirrored with a frown, and he wouldn't bitch about how difficult the task was to get them all in the car in the first place, but it was definitely not something he was willing to repeat.

The pair grabbed as many boxes as they could carry--about seven each--and made their way back up to camp. When they got there, they found the kids watching E.T., though they were happy to get up and rush to the tables in a tidal wave of complaints and sweaty, grabby hands.

"Took you guys long enough!" Jessica greeted bitterly, reaching over the kids' heads for a slice of pepperoni. "I was starting to think you took them all and had started a life together at the beach."

"Wow, very imaginative, Jess." Bobby supplied. "You really think Johnny and Daniel could make that work? I mean, just look at Daniel as it is!" he patted Daniel's hair down briefly. "Did you two have a cat fight and try to pull each other's hair?"

Larusso's face flushed, shaking his head. "There's a lot of boxes in the car--"

"Don't worry about it, we're helping," Bobby replied, and the four of them started back towards the car, Ali and Tommy staying to watch E.T.

"Seriously, Daniel, what happened to your hair?" Jessica insisted, running a hand through Larusso's hair to tame it. She must have been attempting a whisper, but the attempt was sore, as the silence after spanned on too long for Daniel to avoid the question.

It was eventually Johnny who answered with a scoff. "The idiot stuck his head out of the window like a dog," he replied. "Then he got all embarrassed 'cause a car of chicks came by and laughed at him—"

Daniel seemed to brighten at Johnny's improvisation, the same way one of the Cobras would when they tried to charm their way out of detention. "Whatever, Johnny. They were probably just laughing at you and the stupid music you were playing—"