[4] there is nothing to gain by standing in the rain

As a child she was interested in the origins of her name. After all, her mother told her names were powerful and also revealed the fate of the wizard. She had read all myths and legends of ancient times, both in Latin and Greek. And well, when she finally found her name 'Ariadne' she was insanely happy. She was a princess of Crete, a player in the ancient myths promulgated amongst the Romans and the Greeks. Insanely happy...until she found out that a young hero named Theseus betrayed Adriane and ditched her on some island.

Theseus was bad luck for her. He would betray her. She'd promised herself that day she would never come near a Theseus, desperately trying to avoid fate. She'd always seen it as a big and scary threat. She did not expect fate to come knocking on the door so politely. Even more surprising was that she had welcomed it in disguise. But your own demise means little when there is nothing left to lose.

-
[Walking to the train at Hogsmeade station] 
-

Two figures were walking in the morning dusk. The fresh and humid air overpowered any other senses. The gift of clairvoyancy was wasted on the English whether - it was always raining. And if it was not, it was about to. And if the sun ruled the sky, it would be overthrown in a wink: a conspiracy by the ominous grey clouds: a hefty curse placed on the island, in the eyes of the muggles and wizards alike.

Ariadne held her black umbrella close to her, happy with the distance it created between her and her nemesis. The rain drops seemed especially annoying in the morning. Ariadne could only see it as a sign. Bad whether, bad mood and a bad situation.

For a quick moment she thought of sharing the umbrella with her newly found partner, but realized the proximity that was necessary for that course of action and decided against it. Still she could not help but feel uneasy because he was getting soaked. Should she forsake her umbrella in solidarity? That would be stupid. Perhaps she could offer it to him... and hope he'd decline. 

A memory of some classmate popped into her head, an awfully cute scenario where this boy held out an umbrella for the girl he liked. She tilted her head to the right as to get rid of the involuntary occurred recollection of not her own, but somebody else's mind. But as time stretched on it became more awkward to undertake action. So, she just firmly held on to her umbrella, her hand nearly crushing the handle. Why should she care? Theseus could rot in Azkaban for all she cared.

But she felt his frustration and disappointment. She could hear his thoughts. And she couldn't stand the way he thought of her, even though she fiercely returned the sentiment. She was supposed to hate him, but why should he return the sentiment? She did not detect the hypocrisy within her thoughts. 

Theseus had not noticed - and if he did, he refused to acknowledge that the girl had fallen behind. Afterall, she did clearly not care about him in any way, he thought. And that when he would have fallen on one knee right then and there when he first saw her. The unrequited love tasted bitterly in his mouth, alongside with the infinite tears that the heavens seemed to have unleashed upon them. 

She had multiple suitcases with her, making them float after her with the wingardium leviosa spell. Theseus saw her struggling to get them inside of the train. His hand automatically reached out to help her, but then he refrained himself. He was not going to help this girl. She could do it on her own.  

She looked at him making eye contact through her sunglasses. She could hear his thoughts loud and clear. This guy needed training in Occlumency, it would make his thoughts a bit less transparent - even though no amount of Occlumency would save anyone from her ability to penetrate the mind. 

She sighed as she manually tried one of her suitcases in the train, whilst holding her umbrella with her left hand, rain surely dripping on her black leather coat. As she was failing miserably, and frankly just pretended to be low-skilled so Theseus would cave in and feel the need to save a damsel in distress. Wasn't that what all men wanted to do anyways? She could easily cast a spell, but something inside her wanted to exactly this. That he'd help her and if not, that he'd feel awkward like she did with the umbrella thing. He, however, remained stoic.