[5] don't run away, I need you to stay.

Sulking for hours did not prove to be an effective means of communication. As the two arrived in London they realized that they had discussed nor their next move nor their overarching strategy. This awkward awareness increased while the speed of the train decreased. Ariadne, as always, felt it twice as much. Once for herself, and once for others. All the more reason to hate him, to hate everyone in this world, or at least everyone near her, which in this case turned out to be only Theseus. So, again, he was guilty.

Ariadne felt that Theseus was about to waiver and begin the necessary but much dreaded conversation. Ariadne quickly decided to lead the conversation instead. She thought it to be useless if he talked anyways. She had already heard all his thoughts and unsolicited opinions for the past couple of minutes. It would be more effective if she voiced hers.

"I will need to make a stop at my apartment. It is close by. I will be back soon. In the meantime you can go to the Ministry and resign." Ariadne stated. Once she noticed Theseus' raised eyebrows, after all Theseus had not told anybody – not even Dumbledore – about this, Ariadne quickly added "Or whatever it is you are thinking of doing."

She hoped it would lower the suspicion she had just raised. It did, at least for a couple of seconds, as he was eternally frustrated by her attitude. Before Theseus could think more, Ariadne walked out of the cabin forcing him to follow. She quickly cast a spell at her luggage. They'd be immediately transported to her apartment. She had no time for charades anymore.

Theseus tried to get her attention by yelling, always walking a few paces after her. But as Ariadne came closer to the exit, she felt the presence of more and more people. Their thoughts took hold of her mind, she tried blocking them out. Theseus felt as if he were talking to a brick wall. Never in his life had he met such a disrespectful person. His British self could not handle such an unmannered wrench directly, rather his passive aggressive nature automatically took over. But it could only last so long. His constant cries for attention, or at least some respect, was consistently ignored. He could not even talk to the girl for Merlin's sake.

He call out her name Lilith in desperation – even though he knew it wasn't hers. The name spewed out of his tongue as if he was allergic to it. But she remained silent. No reaction.

Ariadne stood before the exit, seeing London station in its full might. Slightly taken aback by the overwhelming crowd, she lost her breath for a second. Tears welled up. Her left hand began to shake. It always did in such situations. Especially her fingers. As if she had too much energy thrown at her, desperately trying to evacuate out of her body. She managed to move her pinky finger. This is what she always used to do to take back control of herself. If I can control my pinky finger, not all is lost, she thought. 

She took a breath and decided to step out of the train. If she could not handle it, she would just apparate near her apartment. Yet she needed to try.  She ought not be weak in this mission. She had to build resistance to what was poisonous to her, by drinking a little bit of it everyday, carefully treading the line between overdose and use.

But just before she managed to do that, something that should not have happened, happened.

Theseus grabbed her arm.

It was as if she was thrown into the ice-cold sea, she froze up. She turned her head sideways and her eyes met his. 

His eyes were filled with anger, hers with shock. 

He let go of her immediately though but it still left her arm burning. She was glad she had a leather coat on with long sleeves. Everything else seemed to have disappeared, the crowd, their thoughts and hers. The only thing that her mind could think of was him. This man.

Theseus seemed angry with himself as well. He looked up and sighed awkwardly. "I shouldn't have grabbed you. Are you alright?" 

Ariadne simply blinked in response, unsure what to say to this. It was as if all thoughts she had ever had, dispersed. Her mind felt unprecedentedly peaceful, yet her arm seemed to be on fire right where he had touched her. She simply wished to stare at his eyes some more. Why did he have to look away?

"You are to be accompanied everywhere." He said, as he came closer and leaned his arms against the frame of the train door. Before Ariadne could react smarmily, he added "Dumbledore's orders."

Ariadne glared at him, huffed and proceeded to curse underneath her breath. She wanted to be petty and ask if he intended to accompany her to the bathroom as well, but she felt slightly awkward when such an imagine popped into her head. Luckily, Theseus couldn't read minds.

"You would know... If you hadn't walked away during the meeting." Theseus continued to add, finally expressing his frustration. This girl constantly had to run away from her responsibilities, she'd thrive in the Ministry, he thought, putting the responsibility on other departments and avoiding doing anything groundbreaking and pretending nothing is going on... It is not an easy skill to keep up with, but she seemed to have mastered it.

Those thoughts offended Ariadne, mostly because it was completely true. She'd been hiding away for way too long now. She had nothing to defend herself against his ruthless thoughts. If only he knew what was going on with her... why she ran away...

[Flashback -Just after the conversation with Theseus and Dumbledore]

After she'd ran out, she went to the empty study room nearby, locked it and slipped into unconsciousness right on the ground.

She didn't know how much time she had slept, but it wasn't much. The first few minutes were delightful, but then it started. Like it always did. All their minds, all their fears. Every single person she had ever touched. Even the dead were still with her. That is what got her the most, seeing them die all over again. She instantly woke up. She hated her ability. She was scared of it, scared of it overtaking her when she was most vulnerable - in her sleep.

She remembered the Boggart at Hogwarts. When they were in the third year they faced their fears for the first time, but certainly not the last. She didn't even remember what she feared at that age. But they did the exercise again in the fifth year, right after she inherited her powers to their fullest potential (or so she thought). This she remembered all too well.. The other kids were confused to say the least. She feared... a bed? How would you ridicule a bed? Needless to say all kinds of rumors spread, none of which contained the slightest grain of truth. After all, they had never seen such hidden ancient magic. No one would have made the connection. No one but Dumbledore.

[Back to the train]

"Let's exit the train, and firstly pass through the Ministry. Afterwards, we can set out to your apartment, then you can pack all your clothes up and ... " Theseus looked her up and down, pushing away any thoughts he shouldn't have. But someone could hear them regardless of that. "well... prepare."  

Ariadne's cheeks suddenly got hot. The situation was not exactly better since Ariadne was suddenly aware of how close he was leaning into the train doorframe, right where she was standing. It was normal for a human being to have such thoughts she assured herself. It had nothing to do with her though... it was just human. Besides, she had used her skills as a Metamorphmagus to have an ideal appearance. He does not think that way of you. He hated her, thought her disrespectful and crude. 

She followed his gaze. It was looking outside. When she saw the crowd again, she immediately felt like throwing up.

"I need to use the restroom." She said as she chaotically walked back towards the train, to the restroom, causing Theseus to step away. 

There she ran away again, Theseus thought. He began to consider the possibility that it might not be due to him. That it was not the fact that he was boring, but het fact that she seemed perpetually unwell that was straining their communication. He started pacing around, waiting for Ariadne to return. His mind entirely enthralled by her, eagerly hoping she would not run away from him