"I Knew It!"

Brandon POV

"Woah there, buddy! Hey, your stutter is getting so much better, I'm so proud of you, Brandon," he said.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I came to check on you. You didn't come to practice yesterday, but I guess Hayden beat me to it."

I felt my cheeks start to flush. How much did he hear? How long has he been in here? And most importantly, how the fuck did he get into my apartment?! My mind was clouded, and I couldn't get anything out. I was choking on my words. I was ready to panic, I couldn't take this.

I was about to break down when I felt a light weight on my right shoulder. Hayden's warm hand and reassuring squeeze brought me back from my thoughts.

"Hey, there Hayden."

"Hey, um- we need to speak," Hayden said.

Somehow Hayden seemed so chill about everything. Did these two already talk about me before? Or maybe its just Tree being Tree. He's always been confident, and he has always carried himself in a way that makes other people wanna bury themselves under rocks.

"Brandon, mind waiting here while I go out and talk to him? It'll just be a second," Hayden said.

"Sure. G-go ahead," what else could I say? Deny them from speaking? Nah.

I go sit on my bed as they watch them walk out my bedroom. I can't help but wonder what they'll talk about. Whatever. Hayden will probably tell me later. Anxiety is killing me..

Hayden POV

What the fuck. What the actual fucking fuck. I really don't wanna walk out there and confront him. I really don't. But I can't be a coward and stay in here. Besides, I know Brandon needs me by his side right now.

I decide to walk out, and oh, Brandon. He looks scared. I need to be strong for both of us. I squeeze his right shoulder, hopefully he gets it. I'm here for you, Brandon.

I feel very uncomfortable. And I feel the air tense in the room. "Brandon, mind waiting here while I go out and talk to him? It'll just be a second," I say.

"Sure. G-go ahead."

I walk out to the hallway through the living room.

"Woah, what happened here? Y'all must've gotten naughty with those ropes!"

"Brent, stop. No. Um- Brandon, he um- he tried to end his life..."

"I knew it!"

"What? You knew what?!"

"I don't know how I knew, but I just had this really bad feeling, ya know? Also, I had a dream a few nights ago. Brandon was in it. He looked so lost. He seemed in so much pain. When he didn't come to practice yesterday, I kinda freaked out. And that's why I decided to tell you how obvious it was you guys liked each other. I tried to get a hold of him all night, and his cell would go directly to voicemail, that's why I came."

"I'm so glad I took your advice and came. If I would've been here a second later-"

Brent cut me off, "Hey, Tree, he's alive. He's here. And you guys have confessed to each other what you feel. That's all that matters right now."

"Thank you, Brent."

"What for, Tree?"

"Being there for us. Like- it's really cool of you. I- I don't know how the other boys will take this."

"Hayden, stop. You're over thinking things too much. Focus on now. Brandon just got through a really rough time. He should be your main focus right now."

"He is, believe me, he is. I'm just afraid."

"What? Hayden Parker Tree, afraid? No, Tree and fear are antonyms. What are you afraid of?"

"I'm afraid other people's criticism will hurt Brandon so much that he'll want to end his life again. You don't understand how much I care and how in love I am with him."

I heard a little creak come from around the corner of the hallway. Brent and I shot each other a look. It couldn't possibly have been Brandon. He's inside the apartment. Great, who is it now?

**************************************

A/N: WOAH! IVE UPDATED TWO DAYS IN A ROW! THATS A NEW RECORD! BUT I FELT BAD AND DIDNT WANNA KEEP YOU GUYS IN SUSPENSE. OKAY, SO NOW WE KNOW BRENT WAS THE PERSON BRANDON & HAYDEN HEARD LAUGHING. BUT, WHO DO YOU THINK THEY HEARD NOW? ANY GUESSES? COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK! AND PLS DONT FORGET TO VOTE. I ALREADY HAVE OVER 100 VOTES ON THIS. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! WOOOT WOOT!