XV.

A griffin flies, carrying Edmund. They land on top of a tower, out of sight of a soldier who stands guard. He looks up, and sees nothing. Then, the griffin grabs him and pulls him up. Edmund jumps down, and uses his electric torch to signal the others. Peter, Susan, and Caspian, carried by griffins, fly in and land. Caspian flies low and kills a soldier on the way. Another soldier notices Edmund's signals and aims his crossbow. Susan shoots him. They land and Peter kills a Telmarine soldier. Outside, Asterius sneaks along. A soldier sees him and draws his sword. Asterius puts a finger to his lips. Asterius shushes him. Nikabrik comes up behind him and hits the soldier in the head. Led by Reepicheep, the mice climb out from underground, and scurry through the gate, easily fitting through the bars. They crawl across a rope and enter the castle. Reepicheep notices a cat around the corner. He draws his sword and smiles.

Peter, Susan, Gwendolyn and Caspian climb down a wall. Caspian knocks on a window.

"Professor?" Caspian whispers. Caspian opens the window and steps into Cornelius' study. Peter, Susan and Gwendolyn follow. Caspian finds a pair of glasses on the table.

"I have to find him," Caspian says stubbornly.

"You don't have time. You have to get to the gatehouse," Peter says.

"You wouldn't even be here without him. And neither would I."

Peter and Susan exchange glances. Gwendolyn looks at Caspian. Caspian makes eye contact with Gwendolyn, she slowly nods, before her gaze returns to the floor.

"We can take care of Miraz," Susan tells Peter.

"What do I do?" Gwendolyn asks as she looks up.

"You can come with me, I will be needing help," Caspian tells her, he turns to Peter, "And I can still make it to the gatehouse in time." Caspian grabs Gwendolyn's hand and runs off. The two step into Cornelius' cell, where Caspian's professor lies chained to the floor. Caspian let's go of Gwendolyn's hand and wakes Doctor Cornelius up.

"Five more minutes?" Caspian asks smiling.

"What are you doing here? ...I didn't help you escape just so you could get captured again. You have to get out before Miraz learns you're here," Doctor Cornelius scolds him.

"He'll learn soon enough. We are giving him your cell."

"Don't underestimate Miraz as your father did."

"What are you talking about?" Caspian asked.

"I'm sorry," Doctor Cornelius apologised. Caspian grabs Gwendolyn's hand, again, and runs off. Cornelius watches them with guilt as they disappear into the night.

A sword is put to Miraz' throat as he sleep. He opens his eyes, looks up, and chuckles.

"Thank goodness... you're safe," Miraz says, a smile on his face.

"Get up," Caspian orders with such hatred, Gwendolyn flinches behind him. Miraz climbs out of bed. Prunaprismia sits up.

"Caspian?" Prunaprismia asks.

"Stay where you are," Caspian demands.

"What are you doing?" Prunaprismia asks looking from Caspian to her husband in confusion.

"I should think it's obvious, dear," Miraz replies as he looks at Caspian, "You know, some families might consider this inappropriate behaviour."

"That doesn't seem to have stopped you," Caspian sneered.

"But you're not like me, are you? It's sad. The first time you show any backbone, and it's such a waste," Miraz

"Put the sword down, Caspian. I don't want to do this," Prunaprismia says as she aims a crossbow at Caspian.