𝟶𝟷; 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙶

"𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄
𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘛𝘖 𝘔𝘈𝘒𝘌 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘌 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙'𝘌 𝘐𝘕 𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘓"

"𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘛𝘖 𝘔𝘈𝘒𝘌 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘌 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙'𝘌 𝘐𝘕 𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘓"

𝙻𝙾; 𝚁𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴 𝙻𝙾𝚄𝙸𝚂𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰
𝙳𝙰𝚃𝙴; 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆𝙽

14 teenagers.

That's how many missing people been called runways in the city of Baton Rouge. 14 in less than 3 months.

"This shit crazy." Rowan muttered to her best friend Kayla, passing her the phone which displayed a news article of another runaway.

They live in Baton Rouge, population 222,185. People get murdered and disappear all the time.
But still, eleven runaways in 2 months seems high. They've all completely vanished without a trace.

Kayla eyes scanned the article with little interest. She didn't care.

"Man Yaya just ran away." Rowan explained to her friend snatching the phone back.

The light skin across from her dipped her friend in the ranch and hot sauce mix she kept on her tray.

"So what?"

Kayla honestly didn't know or care what was going on with her best friend. She was probably trying to play detective and she wasn't up for it.

"I don't know. Yaya dad got money bro. I wouldn't run away but hey," Rowan lifted her hands in a shrug position, "that's just me."

"Aye Ro." A kid name KD called out making her eyes go from her phone to the big ear kid with glasses standing across the room with his friends.

"What bruh?"

Rowan didn't really like KD friends. Not after what Boomer did to Kayla.

Ro glanced at her best friend who eyes were glued on the dark skin who cheated on her more times than she can count and Kayla just moved from Chi raq to Baton Rouge and the whole NBA team claimed they been with her. Embarrassing.

KD cupped his hands around his mouth "Y'all should slide to my crib for this kickback tonight."

Rowan immediately turned around. She wasn't going.

Kayla grasped her hands suddenly interested, "Please best. It's the end of da year everyone and they mama going."

The older snatched her hands away from the embrace of her friends. "You're mad dumb Kayla but ighh do you bruh. I'm not participating in that shit."

Rowan wasn't stuck up. She went to parties and kickback all the times. She wasn't innocent at all. She just wasn't going to be passed around like every other bitch who go to that party. Like Kayla.

Just to date a person from the NBA gang you had to suck each member dick and Rowan didn't see the point of that. Those niggas were nobody. She ain't see the hype about them.

"Bro please. You need to show these southern mfs how to get sturdy."

Rowan blinked slowly at her best friend. Was she dumb?

"Ok."

"Ok?"

"I'll go Kayla damn bruh. You wanna hang around them dayroom ass niggas ok. Just know Ian going over there to do no dumb shit word to." Rowan vouched.

The younger squealed, her lace moving everywhere before stopping and slowly turning around to face the nba table.

"TRULONDRICK WHEN YOU GON PICK UP YOUR FUCKING SON." She shouted from across the cafeteria.

'Oh my fucking god' Ro thought to her self.

He didn't even turn around "GRANBABI IS NOT MY FUCKING KID. GO ASK YO BRUDDA SINCE YOU BE FUCKING HIM TOO."

Everyone in the cafeteria gasped. They all stared at Kayla who looked embarrassed. Rowan looked up at her bored. She's not surprised.

The way Von and Kayla acted towards each other was odd to say for the least. Rowan couldn't imagine calling her brother bae and the love of her life. But hey that's just her. And any other sane human.

Rowan phone rung in her Nike tech jacket. She took it out looking at the contact name. It was her brother Bando.

She declined, sighing softly. She changed the topic back to the missing girls.

"You don't find the missing girls thing bugged out?" She asked her.

"Maybe. The cops don't seem to give a fuck."

Rowan shrug at her comment. "Well, they probably know better than me."

"I don't know... What if you're right? What if they don't think anything strange is going on?" She's playing devil's advocate here. She looked back at the table with her so called baby daddy while Rowan went back to thinking.

'But what are we supposed to do about it? Just because I love watching mystery movies and TV shows doesn't mean I'm qualified to find actual, real-life missing people. Potentially missing people.'

"What should we do?"
Her eyes glanced back to Ro. "What you mean what tf we try to do. Duh. We can try to find them."

Oh, simple as that. "How?"

How she want us to find them? She want to play blue clues with these people lives?

"By acting like Baton Rouge hoodrats." Lifting her eyebrows, she looks at her best friend in a evil way.

"We're going to go to parties and vibe out with them...wherever they be at and shit." Her eyes again went back to the other table.

Rowan so naive didn't really get where her friend was going so she slightly turned her head.

Kayla rolls her dark brown eyes. "To find ghetto bitches, we need to live like ghetto bitches. We got to act fast. Grown and you not like that Rowan. You act like a stuck up bitch who can't hang with da hood hoes."

Kayla has a good point. She not one of those females who say "guys are less drama" but the girls in Louisiana are dramatic. They already got they own friend groups due to them going to middle school together.

Kayla usually with her other friends and when she with Rowan they spend most of their time in Ro house or her apartment, stalking her brothers baby mamas and gfs.

"We can start by going to they party."
I nodded my head in agreement.  "We out. I need to go home and figure out my makeup before tonight."
Kayla stands. "Don't forget to do something with your hair, too bitch."

"