𝟶𝟼; 𝙿𝙰𝚆𝙽𝚂

"𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄
𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘛𝘖 𝘔𝘈𝘒𝘌 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘌 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙'𝘌 𝘐𝘕 𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘓"

"𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘛𝘖 𝘔𝘈𝘒𝘌 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘌 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙'𝘌 𝘐𝘕 𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘖𝘓"

𝙻𝙾; 𝚁𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴 𝙻𝙾𝚄𝙸𝚂𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰
𝙳𝙰𝚃𝙴; 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆𝙽

𝙻𝙾; 𝚁𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙴 𝙻𝙾𝚄𝙸𝚂𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰𝙳𝙰𝚃𝙴; 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆𝙽

The two boys move closer to Yaya. One is tall and skinny with light brown skin, black with different dyed dreads, and brown eyes.

The other is much shorter and skinner with black dreads also with blond tips. He looks like he crazy. Like he belong with them out there. I don't recognize them, but I do recognize the other girl from the news.

She ran away—she's been missing —for a few weeks. Her hair is black and her eyes, which seem haunted, are the darkest brown I have ever seen. She a known tiktoker I think.

"What's happening?" I ask, fear trickling down my spine. Kayla and I aren't getting out. The tall guy takes a step forward, still keeping his distance, though clearly we are all in this bitch together. "I'm Ja. This is Melly and Malu. Looks like you know Yaya."

I shake my head. "We heard about her." Yaya whimpers, leaning against Melly's shoulder.

"What...? How...?" I don't know what to ask first. I have so many questions, so many thoughts whizzing around my mind that it's impossible to pick one.

"What is this?" Kayla whispers. Ja tilts his head. "They keep us here. It's their idea of fun," he spits. "There are rooms." His eyes darken, as does his voice. "Challenges."

"Challenges?" Kayla asks. "They like to see how far they can push us...how much we can take," Melly explains. I don't want to know what he means by that. I don't ask, though, because in this moment, ignorance is bliss.

"How long have you been here?" I ask, trying to concentrate on when Kayla and I might get out...not how long we'll have to stay. What could they challenge us to do? How bad could it be? Why do they all appear defeated? Ja looks into the distance like he needs a minute to think about it.