Chapter 8

Chapter 8
I see red

"Red," Erika immediately sat beside Red on the couch while watching some netflix shows in their living room. Kararating lang nito mula sa trabaho. Red was just inside their apartment the whole day, watching The Grey's Anatomy series.

"Some pringles?" Red offered her friend some sour cream pringles. Kaagad naman itong kumuha at kinain iyon. They were both now watching the TV in front of them.

"I already deposited your check in my account. And just like what you said to me, I won't ask anything about your work. But I hope you're not doing anything illegal, Red."

Red stifled a small laugh. "Don't worry—because if I was, I wouldn't even let you deposit my own money." Erika shook her head because of her answer but she smiled.

"You know, pwede na tayong tumigil na dalawa pagtratabaho. Your million dollar check is already enough to last us for many years. Pwede pa nating gamitin para i-negosyo."

"I'd do that but I can't just stay at home doing nothing. You know me." Red replied as she sipped the red bull she got from the center table. Before she met Salvatore Vittori, she was just a normal woman doing a normal job as a primary school teacher. Sometimes, she would feel that she missed teaching young children but then she couldn't anymore go back to her old life.

After her sister and her ex-fiance betrayed her.

"I guess," Erika uttered and took the red bull from her. Ininom din nito iyon at ipinatong pa nito ang mga paa nito sa mesa. Napailing na lang si Red sa ikinilos ng kaibigan. "Remember my boyfriend Nathan?"

"Uh-huh."

"You also remember him that he's related to your ex-fiance, right? Russell Valerio."

"Yup. You and your boyfriend were even the ones who introduced Russ and I to each other." Red then looked at Erika and raised an eyebrow at her. "Baka inintroduce mo rin si Ate kay Russ kaya inahas nila akong dalawa?" She playfully asked. Erika rolled her eyes and she knew her friend was kidding too.

"Anyway, Nathan's family were invited to attend a charity ball organized by Russell and your own sister, Shana Fujimori tomorrow. And you know the name of the charity? The Red Fujimori Charity ball. They even asked help from the political family clan, the Casiraghis."

"The audacity for using my name," Red commented and drank another red bull. "They organized a charity in my name, ano 'yun, victory party for my death?"

"I know right. Nainis nga ako kay Nathan," Erika added. "I told them not to use your name, kahit respeto naman lang para sayo."

"They have no respect, Eri," Red looked at her friend and smirked. "Look at them, probably fucking even before I died." She uttered the last word sarcastically.

"Red, you should come with us tomorrow." Erika looked back at her like it was a good idea. "I'll tell Nathan that I'll bring a friend to the party. Ayoko sanang sumama sa kanya but then I'll tell him na sasama ako kapag kasama 'yung kaibigan ko."

Umiling si Red. "Malalaman ng boyfriend mo na buhay ako. Malalaman nilang lahat." She went back in watching the TV screen. "Besides, I have work tomorrow." Nagpadala sa kanya kanina lang ng envelope si Salvo. As usual, he was a man of few words. He only said: Work at 6pm. SNSV Tower 1.

"You can even quit your job with the last paycheck you got," Erika immediately replied. "At hindi ka nila makikilala. It's like a masquerade ball so we're going to wear masquerade masks—and besides, your hair color is even different." She grinned at her friend's remarks about her auburn hair. Ever since she changed her hair color, she felt more badass and independent.