Just you and me (Diane/genderNeutral!Reader)

God, how you hate that stupid Wolf.

Hold on, just let me elaborate.

You're Diane's best friend, it had always been just you and her against the world. When she became the Crimson Paw you were by her side through all of it and when she decided to become Governor you helped her too. But now some ridiculous Wolf decides to step in and mess up the one good thing you had going.

It was supposed to be you playfully bantering with Diane, you dancing with her at the gala, and you being her teammate for her Crimson Pawing. Not that Wolf and his gang of delinquents. You suppose the only one you don't hate would be Mr. Snake. He's got an attitude like yours and is very clearly smart, you can respect that.

Through the whole thing, you go along, but only because Diane is. And it seems that Diane and that Wolf had quite an interesting conversation about you.

(When they're in the car on the way to Diane's house. You're riding your motorcycle next to the car.)

"So, is Y/N like, your partner?" Wolf asks Diane.

"I mean, yeah? We've been attached at the hip since we were kids."

"Oh, so you are dating them!"

"What?!" Diane flushes a deep red and accidentally swerves the car a little.

"WATCH IT!" You shout, almost getting run over. Diane straightens the car out.

"No! We're not dating!" She hisses.

"Oh, sorry. I just thought..."

"What?"

"I mean, based on how they really, really don't like me I would have guessed that you two had something deeper than friendship going on."

"They don't not like you."

"Seriously? Have you seen the way they've been acting around me?"

Diane blinks, just now realizing that Wolf is right. "Oh." She faces the road, deep in thought.

(Time skip to after the big fight)

You storm into the house that you and Diane share, going straight into your room. You slam your door shut and sit down at your gaming desk. You pull up your favorite game and rage play, taking out your anger.

After a couple of minutes, there's a knock on your door.

"What!" You snap.

"Can I come in?" Diane asks.

"Whatever!"

Diane opens the door, holding two mugs of hot chocolate.

"Isn't it a bit warm for hot chocolate?" You growl. She shrugs and sets one down on your desk.

"Maybe, but it's your favorite drink so."

You turn away, snarling, "why don't you bring one to your new boyfriend."

"Who, Wolf?" She laughs, "nooooooo, he is not my type."

"Oh yeah? Cause based on the way you seem to like him so much I would have thought different," you sneer.

"Y/N, you're a deeply mistrusting person, and I respect that. Trust me, I do not have any romantic feelings for Wolf."

"Really?" Your voice cracks slightly.

"Yep now come on, your hot chocolate will become cold chocolate if you don't drink it."

You chuckle and take a sip, feeling more relaxed now that Diane has told you that she doesn't like Wolf. Though you're not sure why. It's not like you don't want her to date people. It's just that the thought of her dating anyone makes you feel sick.

"...Oh," you suddenly realize why.

"Y/N, you okay?"

"Yep!" you can feel your face heating up, "all good!" You stare into your hot chocolate, coming to terms with the fact that the feelings you have for Diane go way, way deeper than friendship.

Diane coughs, "hey, Y/N?"

"Y-yep?"

"Do you maybe want to, I don't know, just relax for the rest of the day? We could watch some movies."

"Oh, sure. I could always use a little relaxation," you chuckle and stand up, but Diane gently grabs your hand.

"I mean as in a date," she looks down, face red.

"Oh," it takes you a moment for you to process what she just said, "oh...Oh!" You splutter, blushing up a storm. "Yeah! Okay, yeah! Like, a date date?"

"Yep," she mutters, not meeting your eyes.

"Yes!" You beam, grinning from ear to ear. She quickly looks up, eyes shining in excitement.

"Really?!"

"Yeah!" You bounce back and forth, barely able to contain your joy. Her face lights up and she gives a whoop of excitement, jumping up.

"Yes!" She cheers, hugging you tightly. You laugh and hug her back, both of your tails wagging.

"So, what movie are we gonna watch?" You ask.

"Your choice!" She beams at you, grabbing your hand and dragging you onto the couch. You laugh and grab the remote, turning on the TV. Diane sits right next to you, pulling a blanket around you both.

You turn on your favorite movie and you and Diane spend the rest of the day together on the couch, happier than ever.