Rent (Snake/GenderNeutral!Reader)

Prompt by @BabyPuffYummy: Snake x GN! reader. Snake and the reader have pretty much the same attitude, except when they are around each other ofc. They've always had a soft side for one another

Also

DSTheZombie: Can you do Mr snake x snake reader? The reader can be any gender you choose

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

The world hasn't been kind to you. In all fairness, it isn't kind to anyone, except for the extremely privileged. And even they eventually fall under its boot.

Ever since that one day you've promised yourself that you wouldn't let anyone get close, wouldn't let anyone know just what you feel. So you hide behind sarcasm and sneers, keeping your distance from others.

Until you meet him.

Marc Snake. Yes, you can proudly say that you know his first name. He knows yours too. And he's the only person who does, the only one alive anyway.

From the moment you saw him you could tell he's gone through stuff. He's got baggage, baggage that might just match yours.

You started talking and after a while, he convinced you to join the Bad Guys. You've tried (and mostly succeeded) in ignoring the rest of the guys, using your oh-so-charming attitude.

As for Marc, you've become close to him. Closer than you told yourself you would get. But there's nothing you can do about that now.

One day you're having a terrible time. It's just one of those days, you know. It doesn't help that you woke up in the middle of the night because of a horrible nightmare. And you keep having flashbacks to your past.

The bad guys are being more annoying than normal and you just can't. You just can't, not today.

You wrap your tail around Marc and pull him away, Wolf opening his mouth.

"Shut up Wolf," you snarl, dragging Marc into your room.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Marc questions. As soon as the two of you are alone you soften immediately, sighing tiredly.

"Past stuff," you rub your temple with your tail, a headache setting in.

"You want to talk about it?" He asks.

"No, I just need a little break. Can we watch something?"

"Sure, but no musicals."

"Oh come on, musicals are the best!"

"There's too much singing."

"That's the point of a musical! Admit it, you liked Hamilton."

"It was so long!"

"But it was good!"

He sighs, "it was."

"Soooooooooo, can we watch Rent?"

"Rent? Isn't that, like, two hours long?"

"Please?" You beg. He rolls his eyes.

"Fine, but I'm choosing the next movie we watch."

"Yay!" You slither over to the couch and grab the remote. Marc sits down next to you as you flip to Rent. You press play and intertwine your tail with his, he lightly kisses you. You grin widely and giggle, turning to the TV.

You and Marc spend the rest of the day together, spending the entire time watching musicals. He just can't say no to you.