The tale of Daisy Johnson

Daisy/Skye POV

S

itting in the living room, feeling all eyes on her, Daisy try to keep her breathing under control, eyes locked on her feet. She had thought the day when Ward and Coulson kidnapped her and later interrogated her was bad, the feeling going through her that day is nothing compared to the feelings going through her body in this moment. She realises she hasn’t missed her van this much before now.

“So, Daisy.”

Hearing her name, it feels weird hearing anyone else call her that name. Sure she could have just told them her name is Skye, but when Captain Carter asked for her name, the name Daisy Johnson just slipped out. Realising she hasn’t answered, she looks up to see Natasha Romanoff take the empty seat beside her.

Captain Carter was the Avenger that brought her down for the bedroom she had been given a few days before, after making sure she would be up for this, placed herself on her other side.

“Do you think you’ll be able to tell us what has been going on today?”

Natasha adds, taking in a deep breath to force herself to function properly. Seeing how a glass of water is being placed on the table in front of her. Glancing up, her eyes lands on a smiling Pepper that backs away to place herself beside Tony.

“Yes, I know about S.H.I.E.L.D.”

She finally says, deciding it was probably for the best to answer the question Tony asked the other day. She can see confusion going through the Avengers eyes as they try to figure out what she is saying.

“I used to work as a consultant for a S.H.I.E.L.D mobile unit.”

Daisy continues, feeling its for the best to just get it all over with, the faster she can return to her room. Or rather, small apartment. When Captain Carter told her they would move her to another room, she had been expecting a room in the lines of the bunk she had on the BUS. This was something completely different. Two bedrooms, one smaller than the other, a bathroom and a living room.

It’s the biggest space she has lived in for years. Which is saying a lot, because her van was her home for years and the bunk wasn’t that much bigger.

“Used too?”

Clint asks, asking the question Daisy knows would be on their minds. Wringing her hands in a nervous behaviour, feeling another hand on hers, Daisy turns her head to the side to see that Captain Carter is looking at her, a hint of worry in her eyes.

“I left the team... I’m not sure how long ago. The time in the lab just blurred together after a while.”

“So why did you leave?”

“I... May or may not have... sort of... betrayed the team...”

Her voice grows lower as she tells them the last part, head lowering and eyes landing on her hands once more.

“Sort of betrayed them?”

Tony asks, Daisy lifts her head slightly to take in the reaction of the Avengers and Pepper. Seeing how they are all looking at one another, she regrets telling them.

“I used to be part of the Rising Tied when S.H.I.E.L.D found me, my ex-boyfriend started to help this group of bad people and ended up on S.H.I.E.L.D’s radar. I didn’t want to believe it, so I tried to get to him first.”

With a deep breath, she turns her head to the side. She hasn’t thought back to that day in so long, trying hard to forget all about it.

“I was wrong about him, just as I was wrong about everything else.”