5. Overtime

I wake up the next morning, get ready, eat breakfast, and head out. Once I get to Mr. Skeppy's house, he's already on the pavement waiting for me. I get out of the car and say, "I'm sorry I got here a bit late, there was a lot of traffic." He sighs and gets in the car. 

I get in the car as well and he says, "No excuses, get out of your house sooner if the traffic is bad. Excuses don't mean anything in the business world. Got it?" I nod, "Yes sir." Sometimes Mr. Skeppy gives me business tips or something that I never asked for. But I just nod and reply yes sir every time. 

Maybe it's boosting his own ego since he knows so much about the business world. I don't really care though, this is only a job, and once I'm home I don't have to deal with him. I'm not a very mean person, I think i'm actually pretty kind, but Mr. Skeppy...he makes me want to be mean. We go to the office and just as the elevator doors are going to shut, I keep it open. 

Puffy sees me through the crack, "Hey Bad, how's your morn-" Then she sees Mr. Skeppy right behind me. She smiles, "Good morning Mr. Skeppy and Bad." She stands at the corner of the elevator as Mr. Skeppy stands in the center, me beside him. I glance at Puffy and she looks super nervous, and I see goosebumps on her skin. 

The elevator dings and we all get off. Mr. Skeppy goes to his office while Puffy and I go to my desk. She whispers, "That was so scary, even being in the same space as him." I laugh, "Imagine being me, constantly with him." 

She sighs, "I don't know how you do it. I couldn't be around such a person as long as you do." I shrug, "He's scary, but not a monster Puffy." She scoffs, "You've only been here for a month, you'll see soon enough." I gulp, "How can he get worse?" 

She takes a peak behind her back to see if he's staring through the window. She turns back to me, "I heard that Mr. Skeppy likes to deal with the black market." I stare blankly at her, "What?" "I heard he likes to buy and sell things on the black market," she repeats. 

I kind of chuckle at that, "What are you even saying Puffy?" She puts a hand on my shoulder, "He made the last assistant kill bunnies and sell it on the black market for bear heads in return." I stare in horror and she laughs. 

She pats my back, "I'm just kidding. I just heard he gets meaner and more demanding on the daily." I sigh, "At least he won't make me kill bunnies." She says, "I should get back to work, but let's get lunch sometime. I keep forgetting, and when I do remember you're always busy." 

I nod, "Yes I know, we should. One day hopefully." She whispers, "You should tell Mr. Skeppy to stop being an asshole and let you have a break." I shushed her, "Language puffy." She waves, "Bye." I wave back, "Bye." And I go back to work. 

The time is 11:50 so I make Mr. Skeppy's chamomile tea with rose Turkish delights on the side. I go into his office and place it on his coffee table. 

He says, "Bad, I'm hungry so let's take my lunch now." I say, "Yes sir, I've brought you your tea first if you'd like." He nods, "However, after I finish this I want to eat." "What should I order for you sir?" I ask. 

He sighs, "I want to go out for lunch." "Yes sir, where would you like to go?" I ask. He responds, "There's a steakhouse nearby here. Call and immediately make a reservation for 12:30." I nod, "Yes sir." I leave his office and call the place, which they have room. 

I go back into his office as he's sipping his tea. I say, "Sorry to bother you sir, just thought I'd tell you I've made the reservation for one at the steakhouse." He says, "Alright. Just one?" I stare at him, "Yes sir?" 

He shakes his head, "You have to come with me. I can't be there alone, we might as well review the Austin plans while we're there." I say, "Ok, I'll get that changed to a reservation for two right away." He nods and I leave his office.