17. Strawberry Daquiri

I wake up like usual and go to pick up Skeppy. And like I've been doing, I will continue to avoid him whenever I can. It's weird that I like my boss. And when I like someone, it can typically be pretty obvious. 

He gets in the car saying, "Good morning." "Good morning," I replied. I quickly turn up the volume of the music a bit. He says, "Is this classical music?" I nod and he says, "Can you turn on something else?" I nod, putting on some RnB. He says, "I like this." 

I smile and keep driving with my eagle eyes focused on the road. We get to Incite and I say, "I have to run something really quick, but I'll email your schedule while I'm doing that." He nods, "Ok." I run away from him and email the schedule so I don't have to be around him. 

I stop by the branch office and say hi to Puffy. She holds a bag towards me, "I got some mini donuts, want one?" I take one and stuff my mouth. She laughs, "Got some nerves or something?" I nod, "Something like that, yeah." 

She says, "Take however many you want. God knows Karl and Sapnap don't need more sugar than they already consume. The rest are too healthy or some shit." I grab another donut, "Language, but also thank you." Puffy says, "So what's up?" I swallow the donut, "Nothing much. How about you?" She shrugs, "Just work mainly." I nod, "Same." 

She says, "Want to get some lunch today?" I nod, "Yes please. Actually, can you get us lunch and bring it to my desk at 1? I'll pay you back for sure, but let's just eat at my desk today or something." She responds, "Ok, sounds good to me. Just tell me what you want." 

"Just get me whatever you're getting, that's fine," I replied. She gives a thumbs up, "Got it." I walk back to my desk and spend the day with my eyes glued onto my screen. Skeppy rarely calls me, and when doing so, I keep it brief. 

At 12 I gather his tray together and bring it to his office. I go to place it on his coffee table, but he says, "Actually, my desk is fine today." I nod, "Alright." I place it on his desk and he says, "Why don't you sit down for a bit?" He motions towards the couch in the room. I say, "Oh, I have some work to do at my desk. Emails and what not, you know? *Awkward laugh*" 

He says, "I'm sure five minutes wound't hurt." I say, "Well I'm trying to schedule a meeting for you with future ambassadors, so I wouldn't want to keep them waiting." He says, "Good job." I grin, "Thank you." I walk out of the room and sit back at my desk. 

The time reaches 1 and Skeppy comes out of his office. He says, "Want to go out for lunch today?" My plan should work. "I'm sorry, I had promised Puffy I'd have lunch with her to help her with something," I replied. He says, "Are you sure?" 

I nod, "Yeah, she's coming here any minute now." And turning around the hall corner is Puffy. Her heels clack against the floor and she has a bag of Chinese food in her hand. She sees Skeppy, "Oh, Mr. Skeppy, you're here! Hopefully you like sesame chicken!" 

He says, "Oh, I'm actually not staying. I'm going to Mr. Soot's office." She says, "Oh alright, hope you have a good lunch." He smiles, "You as well. I'll see you later Bad." I nod in response and wave goodbye. Skeppy walks away and goes on the elevator to see Mr. Soot. 

Puffy sit's on a stool beside me. She says, "Hope you like Chinese food Bad." "Love it," I replied. She says, "Here, I got us sesame chicken, teriyaki chicken, and wonton soup." I hugged her, "You are the best Puffy." She smiles, "I know." We eat and talk together for about thirty minutes. 

Then she says, "Well I better get back to work before Mr. Skeppy comes back." I say, "Ok, see you later." She waves, "Bye." Skeppy comes back five minutes later and goes into his office. A lot of time goes by and it's silent between us, no calls, no emails, nothing. My plan is working great; just ignore him and ignore my feelings.