A New School

I'm super happy to start this new series, especially since I'm writing this lovely piece with my girl @DarkBeautyIsUnique.

Who also writes DamiMaps content on Ao3. (totally recommend checking her out!) But enough of that, let's get to the story.

o0o

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Damian groans, shifting beneath his covers, trying to block out the sound of his alarm clock. Trying to catch a few more hours of sleep before he starts his day.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

But quickly realize he wasn't going to get any sleep with the loud noise echoing in his once quiet room.

The teen sighed, aimlessly waving his hand out of his cover and about his nightstand.

Looking for the accursed thing that had woke him up so damn early.

His hand tapped on the flat surface of the nightstand a few times, until he felt the blocky object beneath his palm.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

He quickly snatched the clock off the stand. Pulling it under the blanket before pushing the snooze button, a bit too roughly.

He finally relaxed, he looked at the time to see it was six-thirty in the morning.

He frowned, hating the day already, before placing the clock back on his nightstand.

Rolling over and pulling his thick cover around his shoulders.

Damian knew he only had a mere hour to get ready and eat before he had to leave for school.

School.

Bah! The word left a sour taste in his mouth.

He had remembered the night his father had come to him, to inform him that he was going to be enrolled in the prestigious school.

Known as Gotham Academy. Despite being homeschooled for about a year and a half now.

Of course, he had venomously declined the idea, stating that he'd be better off being homeschooled by his butler Pennyworth.

Seeing as the man was much more competent than the most paid educators.

But his father claimed it wasn't about whether or not the ridiculous adults could guide him, more so that he needed to interact with kids his own age.

Which was another absurd subject his father would pester him about.

Damian rolled his eyes beneath his lids.

Honestly, who cares if he made friends or found a suitable spouse to house his children for the upcoming future.

He certainly didn't.

So why should anyone else concern themselves about the issue?

Apparently, it was because they cared about his wellbeing, at least that was what Cassandra had said.

It doesn't matter anymore, after some convincing from his siblings, he had agreed to go.

Of course, it wasn't up to debate. He was going whether he liked it or not.

Whatever, he internally sighed.

Flipping the covers from over his head, stretching out his stiff limbs.

He silently peered over at the partially open curtains, and in the soft white-gold light of the new day, shining through the crack.

Damian could see today was going to be an interesting one.