Their First Day as a Couple

Another chapter.

o0o

The drive home had been painful, it was much too quiet for his liking. 

It made the anxiety in his gut grow with each passing stoplight. He'd prefer to get this lecture over with and take a nap. 

Perhaps a long bath while he's at it, he needed the downtime.  

Damian tapped his foot against the floor, as they pulled up to the manor.

The looming presence the mansion brought had made him physically ill.

It felt like he was approaching his downfall in the worst form of punishment. 

It was ridiculous to feel this way, he's done nothing wrong. He'll make his peace and stand his ground.

It was all he could do in the face of chastising. If not, he'll ask Grayson for assistance against his father to help make the situation feel less intimidating. 

Father had always been weak when it came to his eldest brother. 

Once the butler pulled up to the driveway, Damian instantly got out of the car and raced towards the front door.

Luckily he didn't see his father's car in sight but neither had he seen Grayson's.

Damian flew into the front door and scoured the area. Once he saw that it was safe, he decided to book it upstairs to his room.

But was immediately caught by a pair of hands out of nowhere tugging him into a hug.

"What the- unhand me!" Damian shouted as he fought against his captor.

"Hello little brother," Damian heard the sweet feminine voice of a woman whisper in his ear as the hold only grew tighter.

He stopped resisting once he knew who it was and realized resisting was futile. 

"Cassandra," he said with restrained irritation. 

He wasn't necessarily upset or irritated with her exactly, in fact, he would often enjoy her surprise hugs from time to time.

Of course, he'd never admit that out loud but Grayson had gotten him hooked on affection. It was bound to happen. But he was in a rush to hibernate in his room until school started again.

"Release me, I must do my homework." He lied and knew she saw right through him but that didn't stop him from trying.

Cass shook her head no against his hair and held him even closer cutting off circulation in his arms.

"How was school?" She asked, ignoring his previous demand.

"Adequate," he replied quickly. "Now let me go!" He squirmed harder, attempting to escape but it was soon evident why she was holding onto him so tightly.

Especially when his father had emerged from the kitchen with a look of tiredness. 

Bruce looked over to her two children with a coffee in hand and smiled. "Thank you, Cass, I figured he'd try to hide the minute he got home."

Cass nodded sweetly, finally releasing her hold on her brother, ignoring the look of betrayal Damian shot her way. She then kissed her baby brother's head and skipped away as if she had done nothing wrong.

Damian nearly hissed at her but was cut off by his father's hand placed on his shoulder. Damian stiffened and looked up at the man with horror in his eyes. Bruce quirked a brow and jolted his head down the hall.