The Rumours

This chapter is a little shorter. But I'm trying to get these out pretty quickly, I have some time now so hopefully I can pop more before I find myself busy again. 

o0o

Kyle was never the type of brother to be excessively fussy when it came to his sister. Especially when they both had helicopter parents that never approved of anything they accomplish. It'd be pointless for him to fill in that role when they do it so well. 

Kyle rolled his eyes at the thought of their parents. But considering the circumstances, he was allowed to be worried in some shape or form when it comes to his sister's first love. 

To think she hadn't told him about this was a little upsetting.  

When they were younger, Maps would tell him about practically everything. Whether it be about a weird rock she found on the side of the road, to something as significant as a mystery she uncovered in an abandoned warehouse. 

He'd always be the first she'd talk to, if not second to Olive. 

So it was unexpected to suddenly hear she had a boyfriend! Not only that but he literally saw with his very own eyes how true all the stories were. 

At first, he wrote it off as petty gossip the girls were throwing around. But just when he was about to inform his sister about the rumors of her dating some rich guy going around, he was shocked to see them kissing by the entrance yesterday. 

Well... that's what he saw from the angel he spotted them. 

But Maps had argued up a storm that they were definitely not kissing. Kyle was not convinced. But he didn't want to push his sister on the issue. At least she had the decency to be honest about their relationship. 

Alibt, hesitantly.

Kyle shook the image of them kissing out of his head, the thought was making him very uncomfortable. He sighed feeling dejected, it wasn't even his business really. But to think he had to find out through a bunch of rumors was upsetting him greatly. 

Kyle took a bit out of his cold pizza and sighed for the umpteenth time today. 

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden?"

Kyle looked up from his sad pizza, to find the white-haired beauty, known as his ex-girlfriend standing before him with a tray of food in hand. Kyle blushed as he realized how beat-down and defeated he looked and quickly straighten his back into a perfect arrow. 

"Olive, what are you doing here?" Kyle asked, nervously. 

Olive raised an amused eyebrow. "This is the cafeteria," gesturing towards the large room with her free hand. 

The older teen blinked. "Oh, right." Kyle pivoted his gaze to the ground, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. "Sorry, I'm just not myself today." 

"I can see that," Olive stated taking a seat at his lunch table. "You look like a kicked puppy."

Kyle chuckled but it didn't sound happy in the least bit. "Yeah..."

"What's up?" Olive asked pealing at her orange. "You know you can talk to me, just because you're my ex doesn't mean we can't chat."

Kyle knew that... he was the one to tell her as much. Besides, it wasn't until recently she started talking to him again after their big break up, like the good old times. 

But he deiced not to comment on it. 

His relationship problems were of the past and he needed to focus on his sister.