We Should What?

I'd like to let everyone know that I'm basing this Damian off of the Webtoon series version. And how he interacts with people his age.

I was inspired by the two-part episodes 23-24 to write this fanfic since they had missed the opportunity to introduce Maps into the series as Damian's new/old friend.

o0o

It was that girl! The one he bumped into in the hallway, not even five minutes ago. He should have known his luck would downplay him. He was just destined for suffering apparently.

Damian slightly sunk down in his seat, folding his arms across his chest.

Trying to appear as apathetic as possible. Hastily shifting his eyes out to the window, where he could easily view the very large courtyard.

Maybe if he didn't look so uncomfortable, she wouldn't notice him? Of course, there's no reason for him to feel this uncomfortable.

It's not like he had done anything particularly immoral and on top of that, he had apologized for his actions.

Which was completely out of character for him.

If this girl still had a problem with him after all he's done, he'll just have to deal with her accordingly.

The class soon was filled to the brim with chatty and very rowdy students, easily sliding into conversations about their weekend and other useless discussions he couldn't bother listening to.

He sighed, as he finally relaxed when he noticed nobody was sitting next to him, nor were they trying to engage in conversation with him.

Which was what he wanted.

He then frowned.

He distinctly remembered, he had evidently promised Grayson that he would try and make friends.

Not only that, but that was the whole reason for attending this forsaken school in the first place.

How could he have already forgotten that fact? Damian mentally smacked himself for the blunder.

If he wanted to prove to his father and the others that he could conduct normally with other kids... he'll need to interact with them.

So naturally, he couldn't just sit back and blend into the background.

He had to get out there and make himself known to the others and mingle.

Damian groaned, feeling pain etched into his brain as a major headache was beginning to form again.

But before he could give himself a bigger migraine by overthinking about how he was going to instigate meaningless conversation.

The chair next to him screeched along the floor, snapping him out of his mini hysteria.

And towards the girl, who he was trying so painfully hard to avoid, sit right next to him!

His eyes widen at the sudden transition. As he watched her gently place her bag on her desk, before pulling out her very colorful notebook.