3 - The tasty ramen

~Lee's POV~

As I left Tsunade-sama's office, I headed towards the hotel in which Gaara was staying, but I couldn't help thinking about what the Hokage said. For me to fall in love with another man, that man being the Kazekage, although I am already in love with Sakura-san! Sakura-san would be disappointed if she knew!

I arrived in front of Gaara's door and hesitated a little before reaching for the doorbell. However, Gaara opened the door before my hand even touched the bell.

"Oh. Hello, Lee."

"Hello, Gaara !"

I looked at his slightly disheveled hair. How cute. So even the Kazekage has bed hair in the morning ! I subconsciously put my hand in his hair to brush it into place. When I snapped out of it, I immediately took my hand off.

"I- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- Such disrespect towards the Kazekage- I- I-" I struggled as my face burned up again.

"It's okay, Lee. I don't mind." He said after a chuckle. "Let's go then. Weren't you going to continue your story ?"

I brightened up as I looked at Gaara walking past me into the corridor. I followed him. I must say, the effects of this so-called love potion are dreadful...

As we walked outside, we continued yesterday conversation and searched for a good restaurant where Gaara could taste good food from Konoha. We finally decided to eat at Ichiraku Ramen, one of Konoha's favourite ramen shop.

We sat down and recognized a familiar face next to us. It was Naruto. He was eating his 27th ramen of the day and still wanted more. We could see how fast the bowls were stacking up.

"Ah! G- Gaara?! What are you doing here ??" He exclaimed with his mouth full.

We explained the situation to him and ordered our ramen. Although I really liked Naruto, this time I felt kind of disappointed that he was here. Did I want Gaara and I to be the only ones here ? Did I want to make this a d- date ??

As we chatted loudly while waiting, our meals soon arrived. We thanked the old man from the shop and me and Naruto started slurping down out throats the tasty ramen. However, Gaara did not seem to move.

"What is it, Gaara?" Naruto asked.

"Do you not like it?" I then asked.

"No, it's just that I had never seen any food of the sort before." Gaara answered after a short pause.

He started at the ramen for a while and finally broke the chopsticks and placed them in his hand. He reached for the noodles, lifted them. I watched (stared) as he put them in his mouth, making a slurping sound. His eyes suddenly switched from his usual neutral look to a bright look where sparkles jumped out of his eyes, while his cheeks, which seemed chubby as he munched on the noodles, became a cute shade of pink. This was way too cute for my heart to handle. I turned away as I clutched my heart, letting out a silent screech, nearly crying of joy over how cute he was. Is this what love is ?? How frightful...

"Are you okay, Lee?" Gaara asked as he grabbed my shoulder, trying to see my face.

As I turned my face, I saw his worried and confused expression, as he looked in my eyes for an answer to his question. As Gaara finished eating and had had enough to eat, I noticed he had a tiny piece of seaweed stuck near the corner of his mouth. Again, I moved subconsciously and gently put my hand on his face to take off the seaweed with my thumb. I then licked off the piece of seaweed. I looked at Gaara who looked like a blushing mess. I could see that he was trying to say something but his words would not come out. Naruto looked at me from the other side of the table.

"Damn Lee ! That was smooth !" He said, his eyes full of admiration.

"Haha! Naruto, you just need more training!" I said.

Gaara suddenly stood up, put money on the counter and turned around.

"L- Let's go, Lee. You need to show me around Konoha some more."

I could not see his face, but I could see his ears becoming as red as his face was. Blushing ears... How cute. I stood up and placed the money with Gaara's, and greeted the old man goodbye, before following Gaara out.

"Uuuh... I don't really get it but have fun !" Naruto yelled, before ordering another ramen.