4 - Gaara attracts cats

~Lee's POV~

Gaara walked faster than usual, as if he was trying to escape from something.

"Gaara! Wait! Is there something wrong ?" I asked, worried.

I attempted to grab his arm, but he pushed me away with his sand. Did I do something that displeased him ? I attempted again and caught him. We stopped, but noticed people were looking weirdly at us, so I pulled him into an alley.

"Gaara, please tell me what is wrong. I will do my best to arrange it. No! I will do more than my best! This will be another training!" I said as I clutched my first and stared into a sunset I hallucinated.

I looked down at Gaara, waiting for an answer, but all I could see was a beet-red face desperately trying to avert my gaze.

...Did I go too far at Ichiraku? Did it bother him as much? I should apologize immediately.

"Gaara I am extremely sor-"

"Can I eat dinner at your house one day? I heard from Temari and Kankuro that friends invited each other at their houses. I wanted to do that, but I didn't know when to ask you... Sorry. That was immature of me..." He interrupted, slightly blushing.

So he wasn't angry ? But more importantly, did he just ask if we could eat dinner together?! It sounds just like a date! I started mumbling gibberish and my face was heating up so much that steam escaped of my forehead. Again, the effects of the love potion kicking in.

"Is this a no ? ...Well it couldn't be helped... After all, I-"

"Y-YESH!" I stuttered. How uncool...

He chuckled. How could someone be so adorable ?? It made my heart almost pop out of my chest. I clutched it tightly with my hand, as I stood up correctly. We continued walking in the streets of Konoha, searching for something that would interest Gaara. He then stopped in front of a cat cafe. What a good idea ! Since there are no cats in the desert, Gaara had never seen real cats before.

When we entered the cafe, he froze at the entrance. Although his face was not the expressive type, I could see the fear in his eyes. He seemed to unknowingly miraculously attract cats. Several cats came walking towards him, some stopping in from of him to stare at him, others rubbing their ears on his legs, while the rest waved their front paws in the air, trying to catch his attention.

"W- What is it Gaara ? You're making a scary face." I worried.

"In my village, they say that cats are evil creatures with claws and teeth sharp enough to cut you into pieces. They say that if you freeze they won't attack you."

I tried my best at holding back my laugh, but a bit escaped my mouth.

"W- What are you laughing at ?!"

"C-Cats are not like that, Gaara." I said between laughs. "Look."

I pointed at the cats at his feet. I gently caught one into my arms. It meowed and nestled itself into my arms. Gaara stared at how gentle I was treating the cat. He loosened up a little and looked at the cats hovering around him, before slowly crouching down. Thankfully, these cats were very affectionate. Otherwise, cats may have become Gaara's phobia ! He pulled out his arms to pick one up. It was a small kitten with a very light coloured tiger-like fur. Its meows were extremely high-pitched and small. Gaara lifted it in front of his face and the cat put its paw on his face. He squinted, but slowly reopened his eyes.

"S- Squishy!" He exclaimed.

He had the same look as when he tasted the ramen, his eyes sparkling and his cheeks, rosy. This was too much cuteness for me to handle. I looked away and started crying into an imaginary sunset. We sat down at a table and ordered drinks. As I thought, Gaara somehow attracts cats in a magical way. Around 10 cats were close to Gaara. He still seemed unsure, but he was blissful to be surrounded by such cute creatures. The kitten he had picked up at the entrance was now fully attached to him and was lying down on Gaara's head, as Gaara was sparkling. He seemed angelic.

...

...This might be too much for me.. I don't know how much longer I can handle this. I'm gonna die of cuteness overload!! The effects of this love potion are too powerful. Tsunade-sama said that it wasn't harmful, but at this rate, I'm gonna die of cuteness.

Thinking all of this, I hadn't noticed that the cats were glaring at me. They wanted Gaara for themselves. But I won't loose to them ! Gaara is mine ! I blushed thinking this. How could I think such dramatic and possessive things ? This is unworthy of a ninja. I shall train 4 times more than usual ! Hopefully, the love potion will fade off soon...