8 - THE END

~ Lee's POV ~

I looked at him, shocked. I wasn't expecting anything in particular when I told him that. I just had to tell him my feelings as a fully grown ninja. But to think that I would be able to experience this luxury...

"I have loved you since the Chuunin Exam..." He added.

Tears starting welling up in my eyes as well. I hugged him as tight as I could. I was so happy. Happier than I could have ever been.

~ Gaara's POV ~

As I felt Lee squashing me harder into his hug, I wrapped my arms around him acceptingly. I snuggled my head on his chest, to feel the warmth of Lee's body. A warmth I had never had the occasion of experiencing. Was this what it felt like to share someone's warmth ? It was very different to the coldness of the loneliness I was so familiar with. Was this what it felt like to be loved ? Was this happiness ? I smiled to myself. All I wanted was for him to stay by my side. To never let go of me. I wish we could hug like this forever. I continued crying on Lee. These were not the same tears that had fallen from my eyes in the past. I wasn't sad. Yes. I was happy. I was loved. Yashamaru, my heart stopped hurting. Lee was able to cure me.

I looked up to Lee again. I looked at his lips. I noticed that he looked at mine as well. We felt an unknown attractive force pulling our faces closer. Then, eventually, our lips touched and we melted into a kiss. My first kiss tasted like Lee's Katsudon. Not that it's a problem at all. I couldn't have asked for any better.

~The next day~

There was about one day left of my break. After that, I would have to go back to Suna. Lee and I decided to take advantage of the situation and have a date. However, it would not change much from what we did before. The only thing that would have changed was that we both knew our love was reciprocated.

Lee then suddenly got an idea and asked me to follow him while covering my eyes. He lifted me into his arms. I lost my stability and had to wrap my arms around him. I didn't really intend to do that and I blushed. Was that too fast? He started jumping from roof to roof. I could only hear the sound of Lee's feet on the bricks. Eventually, he stopped and put me down.

"You can open up your eyes now!" Lee said.

As I opened my eyes, I saw the entire village of Konoha. We were at the top of the Hokage's face statues. From up there, we could not miss a single spot of this village. The wind whistled next to our ears as the fresh air brushed against our skin. This was a beautiful view, especially since I had not payed attention to Konoha from a high place, while running away from Lee's house. I admired the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the village. This was Konoha.

If I was born here, I probably would not have been a jinchuuriki. Hovewer, for once, I am thankful for the horrible life I have lived up until then. Otherwise, I would not have met Naruto, my current best friend, nor Lee, my crush- no, lover. And we would have never fought. And he would have never had the occasion to save. And I would have never fallen in love with me. And he would have never fallen in love with me. I would have not been the person I am now. And this story would never had started.