4

××××
2300 ××××

What makes you think they'll accept our ridiculous proposal ?

Ehehee , that king is dumb enough if he accepts this proposal . The whole kingdom will bow down to us .

Ray was shocked when they heard the talk from the representatives of the  other kingdom . They ran as fast as they could to their father , the King .

"Father , apologies-"

"I do not want to hear another one of your silly jokes , Ray !"

"No , Father ! This is about the other Kingdom wanting to come to us !" Ray shouts .

The King looks at them , "proceed ."

Before Ray could speak , Ryuú came in with Hansel , "apologies , Your Majesty . It seems that our sorcerer here has discovered something ," she said , glancing and bowing at Ray , the next heir in line .

Ray bowed back and listened to what Hansel had to say , "apologies , Your Majesty , for I , Hansel have... bad news ."

The King looks at Ray , "does this have anything with what you were about to tell me ?" They nodded . "Proceed ."

Hansel took a quick glance at Ray before speaking , "we will be attack-"

BOOM ! A huge explosion coming from the front door , shaking the whole place down , the King looks at Ryuú . "Bring them to safety , hurry !" she orders the guards . She turns back at Hansel , "run back and do everything you can so I could protect them all."

Hansel ran back to his small cottage that he lived in . Ray and His Majesty had been taken by the guards to safety . However , they were surrounded by the royal guards of the opposite kingdom , "what is this proposal you wanted to talk about ?" The king asked .

Sir Mark , the representative of the kingdom replied , "bow down to us and no one gets hurt ," he said as he points the gun towards the King . Ray's eyes went wide-opened at the view and immediately ran towards their father , "Ray , no !"

Ryuú paused for a while when she heard the gunshot , even the rest has stopped attacking . She ran towards the hallway that the guards used to bring both of them to safety , "what have you done ?"

She was stunned when she saw Ray bleeding on the floor and the King being held hostage , "put the King down!"

"If I don't ? Your King has let you all down ! It is time for a new King for your useless kingdom , ME !"

And with that , the King fell down on his knees with his throat sliced and blood gushing out furiously . Ryuú stares at the bodies on the floor , she walks towards Ray and on her knees . "Shall I end my life too ?"

Ray stopped her , "for what ?"

"I shall not serve anyone but you and the King ."

"Then , keep on serving me . Hansel did something to you but you didn't notice it ."

Ryuú looked at Ray , "what .. ?"

She felt a slight zap on her head before looking back at the people infront of her , "Sir Mark , shouldn't you pass this down to your next generation ?"

Mark smirked , "ofcourse ." He glares at Ryuú , "make sure she does not interfere with our business ." He left .

××××
1300 ××××

Ray blinks slowly as they woke up from their deep sleep . "What happened?"

"Good morning !"

They look at the figure next to them , "Ryuú ??? Hansel ???"

Hansel claps , "glad you remembered us , see Ryuú , i told you they'd remember ." He said as he hands out his hand to her .

She sighed , "Welcome back ... Ray ?"

"What's with the questioning tone ?"

"Not quite sure on what to call you since the King did not say if he is finally pasing it down to you or what ," Ryuú says with her shoulders raised .

Ray giggled a bit , "fine , just Ray would be fine .. but , where are we ?"

Hansel peeks at them from behing the walls seperating them and shouts , "Ryuú's house !"

"You have an actual house ????"

"You really thought I was joking the whole time I've been taking care of you guys ??" Ryuú asks back in disbelief . She stood up and took the medicine and water tray from Hansel then gave it to Ray , "take it , you need energy ."

Ray hums a thank you before gulping down the medicine and water . "You're a ghost by the way-"

Ray spits out the water in surprise , "bro , those were half off what I got paid of !" She exclaims as she brushes off the water that got onto her attire .

"Sorry sorry , what do you mean I'm a ghost ????" Ray asks them and Hansel replied , "oh no , I meant the you right here , right now , is actually your ... body ???"

Ray and Ryuú looked at eachother , "you're soul-less , Ray .... soul-less .." Hansel nodded .

They were left stunned , "okay so , is there a way to get my soul back ?" Ray glances at Hansel , knowing that he is their only sorcerer in the kingdom .

He kept quiet for a minute , slowly taking a glance at Ryuú , "not ....... really .... but .."

He pulled out a pearl-like necklace , "it's a copy but anyways , this is what you need to find . In order to retrieve your soul back , you need to find two identical necklaces . Sounds like trash but hey , it's the truth . Turns out this necklace belongs to that kingdom and will also be brought down to the next ones , so all you need to do is find the grandchildren or something because y'all look very young as if y'all don't age now ."

"What a long ass explanation ," Ryuú said as she stands back up and continued , "so which generation shall we wait for ?"

Hansel smiled , "they're here :D"

"... YOU– !"