Five

Note: Almost all the stories posted on Wattpad are experimental. As thus, if there's anything in particular you want to happen, let me know and if I feel like it, it may show up. :P

*REDACTED*

======================================================================

     The next was the shortest of the group, though it still towered over her. It was a nearly neon blue color, the ends of it's fingers, snout, and tentacles tinged green. Unlike the purple one, which had stepped aside and slumped down, apparently digesting the information it had obtained, this one seemed to sense Anna's fear. It actually got down and sat before her and made a gentle clicking sound.

     "...He says he will wait for you to make the Connection," The green one said.

     Anna grasped her hands together, clenching them tight, before she reached out. The blue alien's tendrils, which were thinner than those of all the others, reached toward her. Rather than wrapping around her as the green and purple aliens had done, this one simply pressed against Anna's palm. The shock was far less ... shocking. It moved more sluggishly through her body, sending tingles up and down Anna's spine. She shivered and the creature pulled away on it's own.

          Next was a yellowish alien. It was calmer than the purple one, but not as kindly as any of the others had been. It gave Anna no time to recover and simply, unashamed, wrapped around her. This was perhaps the most violent of all the Connections she had made thus far. Her muscles tensed up as if she were actually being electrocuted and when she tried to pull away, she was not allowed. 

     The green alien at Anna's side gave what she was learning to recognize as a sort of warning or order to the other. The yellow one was unconcerned, but when the green alien made a move toward it, it reluctantly released Anna. The last alien, an orange one, shoved aggressively at the yellow and the two grumbled and clicked at each other, their tentacles flaring out.

     Anna swiftly stumbled back, nearly falling, but a gentle four fingered hand pressed against her back. She huddled against the helping arm as the green alien hesitantly pulled her close to itself. It seemed to be waiting to be rejected, but when she did not push away, it pressed her against it's body as the two aliens argued. She could feel a vibration from the green one as it growled, slapping the back of the yellow one's head with it's free arm. Both stiffened and then glanced back down at Anna before forcing themselves to relax.

    Meanwhile, Anna, pressed against the alien body, was marveling at the smooth, cool sensation of it. The Saran plastic wrap-type wrapping all of them had on them was somewhat like a jell that kept the aliens safe from the atmosphere of the human ship while still allowing Anna to fully experience every touch from the creatures. She pressed her hand firmly and it gave in the same fashion a fresh, slightly warm marshmellow might.

     The alien shifted and she peeked up at it. Bright eyes blinked at her and it's lips were pulled up into what ... seemed to be a gentle smile ... Embarrassed, she started to pull away and was immediately freed. The orange alien had returned to stand in front of Anna, seeming rather nervous. There were soft sounds as the purple and the blue aliens appeared to be practicing words. Catching her looking, the purple attempted a cheery wave, though was immediately glowered at by the green.

   Thus far, only the yellow alien had been unfriendly. It has probably only done the ... Connection because it had to, not because it wished to. Anna clenched her teeth and held her hand out to the waiting orange. It acted swiftly, the contact between their skin lasting no longer than a few seconds. And then, it was over. She had Connected to all five of them.