Twenty One

Time skip 'cause I'm so over thisssss

------------------------------------

     Anna was the last to get scanned since she had already had it done once before. A long time had passed as she and the others waited and, despite everything, Anna had actually managed to doze off. When it was her turn, Ben lightly shook her awake while Kelly snorted and rolled her eyes. Anna looked past Ben and spotted Boy watching her. He nodded his great, green head when their eyes met and offered her something that was supposed to look like a friendly smile.

     The woman was in a daze as she was woken back up. This was her first time having a normal sleep since they left Earth. Every other time had woken, she was only up long enough to get some task done and then back into the Cyber pod she had gone. It was short, but it was a sweet sleep. Like a drug, she was willing to do anything to sink back into that shallow darkness once more, but the situation did not allow it.

     The scan went normally. There was no frightening attack, no strange sounds, and, most importantly, nothing appeared to be wrong with Anna aside from exhaustion and a few scrapes from when Child had pushed her. She refused to meet anyone's eye as she stepped out of the scanner. The only people who seemed to truly believe in her innocence were Ben and Boy - one of the parasites himself. She felt like she belonged nowhere. Even once everything was done and over with, she felt like she had no place with these people. There would be no trust.

     Where did that leave her, she wondered. Boy was obviously willing to accept her, but what good would that do? He claimed he could never hurt her, but that had not stopped Child. And what rules, exactly did that fall under? If he shoved her out into the vacuum of space, technically he wouldn't be harming her.

     "Everyone's normal, Captain." Ben reported.

     Kelly had been the only one not to get scanned, but Ben explained - during Sirius's scan - that Kelly had proven herself to him and Sam by getting scanned while they were hiding. The only person who showed any abnormally was Sirius, who was still recovering from nearly being choked to death.

     "So that leaves you two." Kelly said.

     The older woman spun about to face the two aliens. The room they were in would have been the perfect place for her to execute them; it was too small for them to really make any fast movements and they would have to get past her and struggle through the door to get out. The two had been fully obedient, though Boy's eyes never once left Anna.

    "I will repeat what I've said now several times. Your ship will not make it to your destination." Boy told them all.

     "Why," Sam demanded before Kelly could, crossing his arms.

     Boy smiled innocently.

     "We made it so when we docked our ship to your's. We were expecting a fun and easy meal." He admitted.

     Anna shivered. She could be blamed for everything up to that point. Perhaps if she had not woken everyone, more of them would be still alive. However, she recalled that Oscar had already been infected when he forcefully emerged from his pod. Had that been a fluke, or were they all doomed from the start? Boy seemed to sense her distress and the previously lazy movements of his tentacles became aggravated. Beside him, Trash huddled further away, as best he could.

     Kelly watched the two and she frowned. It was clear that Trash greatly feared Boy, but that did not mean he was uninfected. There was no way for them to know for certain. The only thing Kelly was sure of; the green alien was absolutely smitten with Anna. Her eyes moved back to the woman and she found Anna pale and nervous on the floor.

     "You'll take us to Bl1st3r then?" Kelly suddenly asked, bringing her attention back to the aliens.

     "What?!" Sirius snarled and then coughed, gripping his neck in pain.

     "These aliens, since they caused such damage, are now responsible for getting us to our location." Kelly stated, though she clearly had another scheme brewing in her mind.

     "According to Singer we are approximately 58 years away still," Lauren protested

     "Not in my ship. You would be closer to a little over what you call a week, though the ride would be difficult on your bodies." Boy piped up.

     "How do we know you'll give us safe passage?" Sam demanded.

     "I think your Captain and I have a similar idea," Boy replied and he gave Kelly a razor sharp teeth filled grin.

     Kelly balked slightly, but she suspected the alien was right.

     "Do we have a deal?" She asked as she lowered her gun.

     "I would say so."