91 - Love Formula Ingredients - @EvelynHail - Poetry

Love formula ingredients

By EvelynHail

A flicker of fireflies' glow around the grass at a mountaintop added to...

The half-empty bottle of wine spilling over the black jacket.

Or should I say half-full?

A modicum of our meaningful silence that comes along with the pelting droplets; are they silent and cold, or overflowing with our tears and emotion?

Jus' a smidgen of the Capulets and the Montagues disagreement.

We are both of them, or neither.

A soupçon of the "freedom of being"—not the "prison of belonging," added to the romantic verses I wrote.

An earful of Pink Floyd's concert you are enjoying over there, while nothing but trap and reggaeton is being played in Spanish discos.

How I wish you were here, as the music, that vector carries the common payload (the poetry) straight into our brains, ignoring the thousand kilometers in between.

A whisper of ever-present echo of the 5 a.m. ringtone in the plushtoyed bedroom.

A smallbit of a dark chocolate cake which awaits on the table, cause my past failures are forgiven.

A sprinkle of pollen in springtime that makes you so allergic.

A patch of a coarse, tricolored stubble, pressed onto the...

A portion of the reminiscent toothy-grinned, nomadic ginger-haired photograph with a faint flash.

Isn't she the prettiest one?

A hairbreadth of space between our battling thumbs, armed with tenderness, patience and tease.

Love formula ends with...

A dollop of a butterfly effect.

Butterflies keep landing on her yellow floral dress.

Experimenting with touch is the most ecstatic thing they can do.

Butterflies really want us to experiment with touch. They want us all to unlock our bodies and interact with each other, to learn holography.

While coding ecstasy and moving anti-clockwise, causing an exploding experiment...

In a chemistry lab.