Chapter 4: Talking

828 words
----------------------

Y/n's POV:

"something about that..." i say nervously.

"what about it?" Chris asks.

"i think Madi is lying about our mom being in the hospital," i say looking at Chris, a confused face is now plastered on his.

"what do you mean?" he asks.

"i think she just wants me to go down there because she doesn't want me to be here because she knew that you guys are here." i say, i start playing with my fingers, a bad habit of mine, sometimes it ends up with me peeling off some skin.

"but we won't forget about her, we're still her friend," he says.

"yeah but-" i start to say that all of a sudden Nick comes bursting through the door.

"ahh Y/n! what are you doing here?" he says.

"when did you not learn how to knock?" Chris says changing the subject, then Matt comes walking in because he heard a noise. "oh hey Y/n."

"anyway, Madi just texted me saying that she's on the way here!" Nick said excitedly, my eyes widen, Chris and Matt looked at me then Nick did. Chris knows why my eyes are wide, but Matt and Nick don't.

"what's wrong, Y/n?" Nick asks. "aren't you excited to see your sister?"

i looked at Chris and nodded, he stood up snd brought Matt outside. i patted the spot where Chris was sitting for Nick and told him everything.

Chris's POV:

when Nick came in and said that Madi's on her way, Y/n's eyes widened and i mean widened. she looked at me and nodded her head meaning that i'd take Matt out of the room and tell him what she thinks and she's talk to Nick about what she thinks. Matt and i go into his room, which is like batman's cave, and we sat on his bed.

"why were Y/n's eyes wide?" he asks me.

"she thinks that her mother isn't really in the hospital," i say trying to be as calm as i can.

"what? why would Madi lie about that?" he asks.

"i don't know, but she doesn't want Madi to come..." i say. we both stand up and go back to my room.

i knocked on the door, wow, i knocked on my own door what the hell? Y/n said come in so i opened the door. Nick looks worried but Y/n had a couple tears.

"hey, what did you guys talk about?" i asked walking to Y/n, i knelt down, put my hand on her back and started rubbing it, and put my other hand on her arm.

"she told me that she thinks that Madi doesn't like Y/n with us..." Nick said looking at me and Matt

"i-i'm gonna go home.." Y/n says standing up, she leaves the room and i go after her, she's outside the door and i run out and shut the door behind me.

"Y/n..." i says, she then turns around abruptly and starts sobbing.

"why does she have to be like that!?" she yells out. "why cant she be normal? why can't she just except the fact that you still like her! i just met you guys today!" she starts crying harder, she puts her hands in a fist and puts them up to her mouth, i can tell she's shaking, it's not that hard to miss.

i didn't know what to do, i just stood there, then i finally gave in and walked up to her, i hugged her, i feel her move her hands and wrap them around my lower torso. i think i made her feel safe because it took her a couple minutes to let go.

"thank you," she said as she started to walk away.

~~~~~the next day~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

yesterday was good day because i met the triplets, but i bad day because i found out that my sister is coming to Massachusetts. Nick seemed excited so i guess i'm happy for him because there best friends, but i understand that he would feel bad for me. the hug Chris gave me yesterday just made everything better, it was the bandage that i needed to patch the boo boo. i can't stop my sister from coming to Massachusetts because i saw on her snapchat story that she's already at the airport. i woke up this morning to a text from a groups chat that i didn't even know existed

Family❤️

Chris🤪
hey Y/n, hope you don't mind that we added you to the group chat with me, Matt, and Nick in.

Y/n😁
i don't mind at all

Nick💙
how are you feeling kid?

Y/n😁
meh, i still don't want her to come

Matt💯
that's what we thought

Nick💙
listen, we have a plan

Y/n😁
how can i listen if we're texting, idiot?

Nick💙
okay okay, read then, we have a plan that i think will be good.