Chapter 12: Game Day

1129 words
------------------------

it's game time.

my coach says that i'm the best player on the team, next up would be y/f/n haha. you make the first 3 goals, someone makes 4 goals, and y/f/n makes 2. in the middle of the field i high five them and smile. with 5 minutes left on the clock, i guess someone didn't like how i was playing so they kicked my ankle and i fell to the ground. imagine a cleat hitting your ankle with the force Big Foot would have kicking a ball, yeah it hurt like hell. your coach ran up to you and other team member came up to you. they helped you up and walked you over the the bench.

"you can't continue playing," you coach said moving your ankle around.

"what? no! i have to!" you exclaim.

"Y/n you just got hurt!" she says.

"they kicked my ankle you saw it too!" you say.

"i know they saw it too," she said looking at the other team. you look over and see them taking that player out of the game.

"please coach let me go back in," you say.

"not right now," she says putting one of the subs in.

Chris's POV:

what the fuck! someone just kicked Y/n's ankle so she's out of the game. it's 9-8 we are winning but without Y/n they might not.

Y/n's POV:

you sit out for the time. there's 30 seconds left and sub are about to be called in. you stand up and limp over to your coast.

"please coach let me in!" you say.

"Y/n, look at you, your limping," she says looking at you.

"please, i can take it," you say.

"fine, but you get more hurt your not going back in if this happens again," she says.

you slowly walk over in front of the people and kneel down. they called in the subs. you say the teammates name they go out. you walk over the where your supposed to be.

"you sure your good?" y/f/n asked.

"i'm fine," i say.

the game starts and you starting dribbling the ball, it hurts like hell but you don't care. your making your way to their net, no help, missing every person. 5 seconds left you make an impossible kick. you land on the ground and watch the ball go into the net. your team won! you fall back into the grass in relief and a couple of your teammates come and help you out.

"that was a bold move, Y/n," your coach tells you as you make your way to the bench. "thank you."

"thank you, coach," you say. you get your stuff and limp over to the Sturniolo's. Chris runs up to you and you drop your bag and stuff. he hugs you and picks you up and spins you around.

"congrats!" he says as he carefully places you down.

"thank you babe," you say.

Matt walks up and you give him a hug, then Nick, then their parents.

"that was an impossible goal!" Marylou said.

"i tried," you said smiling. "besides, you all were my good luck charm."

Chris smiled and hugged you again. Matt took your stuff as Chris picked you up bridal style and carried you to the van. you looked around and saw peoples mouths open because you were with the Sturniolo's. you winked at them and laughed. Chris put you down and helped you in the van. Nick sat in the way back, you, Chris, and Matt sat in the back. their dad drove and Marylou was in the passenger seat.

"are you going back to your house?" Chris asked me.

"i should," i said.

"Y/n how about to come to our house for the night, i can look at your ankle for you," Marylou looking back.

"i guess, thank you, i just need to go to my house real quick," i say.

"okay, that's fine," she says turning back to the road.

when we get to my house, Chris helps me out and helps me to my door, i open it and we walk in. i go up to my room and grab some stuff for the night. i go back down stairs and see Chris waiting for me by the door.

"how's your ankle?" he asked.

"a little better" i say walking over to him, i put my stuff down and wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my stomach.

"i love you, you know that right?" i ask.

"i know," he says smiling.

i roll my eyes. "i love you too, Y/n, why wouldn't i?" he asked.

"i don't know maybe you didn't like me anymore," i say smiling.

"well okay then, you caught me, i don't like you anymore," he said, he started walking away and he turned around to see you with crossed arms and puppy eyes.

"i love you," he says.

"i love you more," you say.

he takes your stuff and you two go back to the van. you put your head on Chris' shoulder, you get to there house and Chris helps you upstairs. you two and Matt and Nick were sitting in his room talking and laughing.

"i still can't believe you made that goal!" Nick said.

"i know, i can't either," i say.

you hear a knock at the door, Matt opens it and it's Marylou.

"how's your ankle honey?" she asked me, she has a couple things in her hands, she kneels down in front of you and starts to look at it.

"it's a little better," i says. "ooh."

"does that hurt?" she asked.

"yeah..." i say, Chris takes my hand for comfort.

"i'm gonna put this on your ankle and your gonna out this on for a little bit before bed," she said handing you an ice pack and she starts wrapping something around your ankle.

"thank you, Marylou," i say.

"don't mention it," she says.

after she was done she said goodnight to all of us and left the room. Chris put the ice pack on my ankle. Matt and Nick left the room and left the door open.

"where the hell are they going?" Chris asked.

"i don't know," i say.

they come back with blankets and pillows.

"sleepover?" Nick asked.

"why not," i say.

they get other stuff and they get ready for the night. when it was time to go to bed Matt turned off the light, me and Chris in his bed and Matt and Nick on separate mattresses on the floor. i get comfy, me and Chris start cuddling next to each other.

"i love you," he whispers.

"i love you too," you whisper back.