Chapter 8: Hospital

790 words
-----------------

Y/n's POV:

"what are you doing?" Chris asks behind me.

"getting a hoodie..." you say nervously, he laughs.

"you have it," he said. "meaning by have it, you can keep it."

you smile and put it on, he lays back down, you walk out and Matt looks at you.

"isn't that Chris' hoodie?" he asks.

"yeah, he said i could keep it," i say sitting across from him, Chris walks out and sits beside you.

"nice hoodie," he said jokingly, you laugh.

"i'm just waiting on Nick, he's normally the one who makes breakfast." Matt says.

"yeah but he can't flip a pancake for shit," Chris says, i laugh again.

"what'd you say?" Nick said walking in looking a little mad.

"you know what i said," Chris said.

"you know, i'll just make breakfast," i say standing up, Matt starts to say something but i stop him.

i start making pancakes, bacon, and Nick and i wanted eggs. i finish making breakfast and call the boys into the kitchen, they come in and there eyes widened.

"do you not want this?" i ask looking sad.

"no! it's just...not messy!" Matt says.

"hey! i don't make that much of a mess," Nick says, the three boys sit down and start eating.

me and Nick take turns taking eggs, i eat standing, i honestly didn't mind it. i guess Chris felt bad for me so he looked at me like sit in my seat, i shook my head and he shrugged.

"what are you guys doing today?" i ask.

"you mean what are WE doing today," Chris says.

"but-" i start to say.

"no buts, your hanging out with us today," Matt says.

"alright then," i say smiling.

Chris's POV:

a few hours later, me and Y/n are hanging out in my room waiting for Matt and Nick to get ready. Y/n was laying on my bed like she lives here, i mean she slept on my couch last night. god she's so pretty, i know her well, her eyes are WAY bluer than ours and ours are pretty blue. my god do i want to ask her out, but i have to make it a perfect time.

"i'm gonna go check on the boys, i'll be right back," i say standing up.

"i'll be here," she says flashing me a smile, i smile back.

i walk to Nick's room and thank god Matt's in there too.

"where's Y/n?" Nick asked.

"in my room, i need to talk to you two about something," i say quickly. "i want to ask out Y/n, but i don't know how..."

there eyes widened, then Nick smiled, it took a minute for Matt to smile too.

"you should definitely ask her out!" Nick whisper yelled.

"but i don't know how!" i yell.

"we can help you with that," Matt says.

we come up with a plan, and the three of us go back to my room and see Y/n having a hard breathing, tears rolling down her face, holding her chest with one hand and holding her face with the other. i run to her and give her her inhaler.

"what's wrong?" i ask, Matt comes up next to me and grabs her phone.

as he took the phone away, she used her inhaler then handed back to me, she covered her face with her hands. i'm rubbing her arms to try to calm her down, Nick is looking at her phone with Matt, i'm looking up at them.

"oh my god..." Matt said, i stand up and look at the phone.

bold: Madi
plain: Y/n

i fucking hate you
wtf? why?
mom is in the hospital, for real this time
*sends picture of there mom in hospital*
omg! what!? i can't get there in time!
Y/n she's dying, the last thing she wants to see is you.

and that's where the texts end, Nick goes and sits next to Y/n, she leaned into him, she held out her hand, i thought she wanted her inhaler so i put my hand in my pocket.

"no, your hand," she says shaky.

i walk over and give her my hand, she starts fiddling with my fingers, Nick gets up and i sit next her, Y/n she leans into me still fiddling with my fingers. Matt is still holding her phone but looking at me and her.

"it isn't even the worst of it," she said, she sort of whispered it.

"what do you mean?" i ask.

"Matt, go out of that and go to my moms texts," she said.

Matt does that and goes to her moms texts, he sits on the floor and Nick follows.

"no way," Matt said.