03 | Chapter Three

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Three

»--•--«

»--•--«

"RIGHT , I NEED A FAVOUR." TOMMY POINTS OVER AT THE TWO SHELBY'S, standing behind his dark oak desk. "Lou there's a club in London I need you to go to for me and Arthur I need you to keep an eye on her, alright?"

"How come you need me to do this?" Louise asks, sensing Arthur stiffen at his request.

"Well it's Cynthia Miller, right and I think she may be more polite and trusting if I send another female." He explains, pacing slightly, his black shoes stomping lightly on the cold, wooden floor boards.

"What's this for?"

"She's doing something for me." Dryly and lacking much information, Tommy replies, however not seeming overly interested in the conversation at hand.

"Tommy, if I'm going to be doing you a favour I want to know the details." Louise says stubbornly, crossing a leg over the over and her arms too.

"Fine, she's got a warehouse I want, up in London." Tommy caves, however keeping quite a few other details to himself.

"And you want me to persuade her to put it up for sale?" Louise asks, skeptical that her brother would trust her with something of the sort.

"No, I want you to form a somewhat friendship with her, make her feel as though we aren't that bad." He explains clearly, knowing his little sister is sometimes a few marbles short of a full jar. Louise's heart sinks slightly since he clearly doesn't trust her with anything drastic but she pushes it aside.

"So you want me to have a night out with one of your colleagues?" She giggles excitedly, her mind already running away with what dress she will wear and what jewellery she will pair with it.

"Basically." He shrugs with a small amused smile, taking a small sip of whiskey.

"I think I can do that."

"Hang on, when did I agree to send me baby sister to a club in London in the midst of a fuckin' war, eh?" Arthur protectively adds, the navy material of his suit shuffling slightly as he shifts in his chair, seeming uneasy.

"That's why you'll be there to look after her, alright Arthur?" Tommy raises his brows at his brother, wondering why Arthur would think he would send her somewhere unsafe.