24 | Chapter Twenty Four

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Twenty Four

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where the drink starts to talk'

»--•--«

"AW, LET ME HAVE ONE OF THESE." ARTHUR ASKS DESPERATELY, picking up a sausage roll from Louise's plate and shoving it into his mouth.

Louise goes to protest but gives up when she sees it's already met his mouth. "Greedy fucker." She mumbles.

"Tight bitch, it were only one." He chuckles, Louise laughing at him as they both sit together on a corner table.

"Yeah one of everything on me bloody plate!" Louise shrieks as he takes one of her triangular ham sandwiches.

"I'm hungry." He shrugs, speaking with a mouthful.

"Then go and get your own plate." She tells him, the happy glow of her cheeks illuminated by the candles on each table, the rich emerald green colour of her dress complimenting her skin tone and eyes.

"Lou, you wanna cut the cake or look at it all night, bambola?" Luca half teases as he stands by the cake table, knife in hand but outstretched in a waiting manner and questioning manner.

"Alright, keep your hair on." She grins as she walks past him and up to the cake, rising on her tiptoes as her bear heels leave the floor, her high heels having been to uncomfortable.

"Ooh, okay so both have a hand on it and wait a few seconds so I can get a photo, eh?" Mike Jennings, their crowned photographer for the evening, suggests, Luca and Louise both shrugging. You see, Mike can come across quite harsh and grumpy but in reality he does have a soft spot, it's just finding it that can be tricky.

"Can we cut it, heh?" Luca mumbles impatiently, Louise nudging her elbow into his chest as she stands in front of him, his hand on top of her's as her's holds the knife.

"Knock yaself out mate." Mike shrugs, a plain and mutual look on his face as he strains it into an upside down smile.

"Quite literally, please." Polly mumbles before downing a drink.

Although they are all extremely aware that Luca makes Louise somewhat happy they haven't exactly cut ties with the past. And when I say that I mean they would all quite happily kill him if it meant that Mike the Photographer stayed alive, nothing against Mike of course, sound man but not one of much importance to Tommy Shelby. In a shorter amount of words, what happened to John has been neither forgiven or forgotten.