11 | Chapter Eleven

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Eleven

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where bonds aren't broken'

»--•--«

"WHY THE FUCK'S HE 'ERE?" ARTHUR growls furiously upon entering the dining room, Luca at one end of the long table, Tommy at the other.

"Arthur-" Louise begins trying to calm him but is silenced as Tommy attempts it instead.

"Arthur sit." Tommy orders, sending a reassuring yet vague look to his older brother.

With a stiff and locked face of fury, Arthur marches down to Tommy's end of the room, the pair mumbling things to eachother as Louise watches anxiously, stood next to Polly. She lets her eyes travel over to Luca, a bored expression on his face as his eyes roam the high ceiling of the room, two of his cousins sat near to him, in the first seats of each side of the table. Louise watches as Arthur sends one last nasty glare at Luca before rubbing his chin aggressively, stressed beyond words.

As a waiter passes the two women with whiskey for the boys, Polly unexpectedly grabs three, giving two to Louise.

"If I were you love, I'd get those down me neck." Polly mumbles before turning around to face the five men, the Shelby taking her advice as she downs the two whiskeys, grimacing at the bitterness.

"Lou, sit in the middle." Tommy's blank and empty voice yet manages to echo through the lavish room, his demand making Louise glare at him, eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" She says, wide eyed.

"Sit in the middle or go and join your fiancé at his end," Tommy says quieter as he leans forward, his voice more threatening. "Your pick."

Begrudgingly, Louise drags out a chair, bang smack in the middle of the table, refusing to even look at anywhere but straight forward, her eyes on the maroon patterned walls with gold trim.

Arthur remains quiet for a few seconds, eyes down at the table before they lift slightly, a confused expression on his wrinkled and tired face.

"What did you just say Tom?" He asks quietly, disbelief embedded into his tone.

"Luca and Louise will be marrying." Tommy says through gritted teeth, lifting a whiskey to the air in a fake 'cheers' before downing it, his eyes remaining on the Italian the whole time.