22 | Chapter Twenty Two

»--•--«

ACT ONE

Chapter Twenty Two

»--•--«

»--•--«

'Where heartfelt moments make a rise'

»--•--«

A LOT OF CLINKING GLASSES CAN BE HEARD INSIDE THE BIG DINING ROOM, many circular tables are littered around the previously cold and dim seating area, but now? Now, candles are lit in every once gloomy nook and cranny, white cloths hang graciously down the sides of each table, a small bouquet of flowers placed gently in the centre of each.

At one end of the room is one long rectangular table, the same white cloth delicately dangling off it, the same simple assortment of flowers and plants being displayed on it. A soft piano is accompanying the small chatter of guests as they all sit at their tables, the evening in soft action; everyone waiting for someone to start the party.

Everyone has been forced inside, the continuous and chilling sound of rain pattering travels along the whisper of wind as it escapes into the cosy room. Richly coloured liquids swirl in glasses and white plates shine under the chandelier that Luca insisted on having, it's comforting glow looking down over all the guests, like a night time sun, more gentle and subtle.

"I arranged something." Luca whispers into Louise's ear as they sit contently in the middle of the rectangular table, the right side of it left empty so that they can look out at all of their guests.

"Oh really?" Louise softly asks, a smile playing on her lips as her mind runs wild with all the things Luca could have possibly managed.

"I believe, that uh, it's our dance, Lou-Lou." A nervous and deep voice somehow booms quietly behind Louise, her eyes quickly meeting the similar bright blue ones of her big brother.

Louise smiles widely at them both, thrilled with the idea.

Luca sends Tommy a nod in which Tommy starts to tap his glass, the whole room silencing as they turn to face the table for only family and closer members.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, can we all gather for a dance between the bride and her eldest brother." His grey voice whistles, everyone slowly standing or swivelling to face the makeshift dance floor.

As Louise skips happily to the cleared area, her white wedding ensemble lightly caressing the floor as she does so with her hand in Arthur's, her mind connects with another time.