𝟓

THAT'S WHY IM INTO YOU.

_________

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ FALL 2020 ]

DEVYNE pursed her lips as she sat in the family room with Dayvon looking at him with sad doe eyes. "Can I have one please?" Von sucked his teeth side-eyeing her as he held the half eaten hot wing in his hand. Chucky's Child's Play 3 playing on the tv in front of them.

"Devyne, yo fat ass! You jus' had ten!" He frowned putting the ring down.

"No I didn't!" She frowned. "I only had eight!" She tried to plead her case, ultimately making a high Von laugh aloud. Devyne suppressed her laugh peeking in his takeout box. "Please? If you say no, I'm gonna cry."

"Yo ass always cryin' what's new?" He sucked his teeth nudging the wingstop box towards her, making her smile grabbing one of his flats. "And yo ass had ten too. Yo fat ass ate two onna way back." He mugged her putting his box back in his lap.

Devyne frowned, "I'm not even fat..I'm just big boned."

It was Halloween night. Nova and Taurus was taking his little sister trick or treating, Perla and Devyne weren't talking, still. So Devyne invited Dayvon to hang out after she got out of first service, and he accepted.

"Damn," Von laughed, "got his shit splat!" His eyes glued to the tv.

"Oh my god, he shot her!" Devyne's mouth fell open as Chucky shot Kristin in the leg. Von looked over laughing at her surprised expression.

"You real life neva' seennis'?" He asked his brows furrowed a little as she slouched on the couch. Watching Devyne shake her head no her attention on the screen.

"We weren't allowed to watch any movies or shows promoting violence, drugs, or sex." She mumbled bringing her lemonade up to her lips as she watched the events transpire on the screen.

"Damn," Von scrunched his face, "das' errthing on tv." Devyne seemed unfazed only nodding as she kept watching.

"Basically."

The front door closed as soon as Chucky threw the grenade causing Devyne to jump, pausing the movie. Looking at Von with wide eyes, causing him to laugh. "Fuck wrong witchu'?"

"You heard that?" She asked her voice small and frantic. "I just heard something!"

"Calm yo lil GD ass down," he laughed snatching the remote from her hand, "it was the front doe! Yo lil bible huggin' ass ain' watchin' anotha' scary movie wimme." Von unpaused the movie. Devyne hearing the heel of her grandmothers boot hit the hardwood floors as she neared the family room.