𝟏𝟔

18 | 888 |NOVA EMIRIA WINTERS

18 | 888 |
NOVA EMIRIA WINTERS.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ WINTER 2021 ]

"I found it!" Nova screeched holding the AirTag up in the air. Finding it underneath Devyne's car. They were currently in the parking lot of a Starbucks. Busy parking lot, just in case. Taking extreme precautions to avoid getting hurt was a big green flag. Nova saw the relief all over Devyne's face as she opened the AirTag taking the battery out instead of stomping it. "Keep this just in case this gets bad..police could use it." She simply continued putting the AirTag in the palm of her best friends hand.

"So it's really that bad?" Nova asked once they were in the car shaking her head at the situation. "So bad you don't wanna go back?"

"I wanna go back," Devyne admitted lowly, "so bad cause I miss him so much. But it's getting worst. And I'm scared of him now—but I miss him and I wanna crumble so bad."

"I get it," Nova nodded she wasn't opposed to them staying apart or getting back together, she just wanted Devyne to be safe and the way it was looking, her choosing to be apart from him was doing her more harm than good, "you know I support whatever you think is good."

Devyne just sighed in response and turned on her car, immediately, an error screen came up on her touch screen assisting agent reading. "CHECK LEFT BACK TIRE!"

"Girl," Devyne looked at Nova the screen hadn't appeared before, "no he didn't do anything to my tires!" Hurriedly getting out of the car and checking her tire, she found a small hit prominent stab in her tire. The air was slowly slipping out of the tires. She kissed her teeth checking her other tires but found nothing.

"What's wrong with it?" Nova asked as soon as she got back into the car, slamming the door. Devyne tried to do breathing exercises to soothe her anger.

"He stabbed my back tire," Devyne breathed deeply, "now I have to spend money to get my tire replaced." The whole back to Nova's house, Devyne sped there knowing it was only a matter of time before she'd be riding on a flat.

Once inside her own house, the anger for Devyne really rose in Nova. Calling Taurus, she waited for the sound of his voice to come through the speaker. They still weren't on good terms but this wasn't about her and Taurus, the drama between Dayvon and Devyne was becoming too much. "Hello?" Taurus mumbled.

"Aye, look, I know we ain't on good terms," she started, "but I'm not calling for you, on god I'm not. Tell yo friend Dayvon, that harassing my best friend and slashing her tires is such a fatal attraction move and I swear if something happens to her," she breathed out slowly, "ima hurt the both of y'all because that's your homeboy and you can get him." She firmly said before hanging up the phone not giving him an adequate chance to respond. She meant every word.