Part 8

Every friend of Yuu's from NRC showed up in RSA's cafeteria, wanting to surprise Yuu. Including Idia, Ortho, and the staff. Yuu walks in, and her friends from NRC cheer and yell, much to the RSA student's annoyance.

"Aww..thank you. Did everyone bring me gifts too?" Yuu asks, remembering Kalim's gifts and parades.

"Of course we did. Crewel is taking you shopping tomorrow, I got you a headband made of crow feathers, Trein got you a dress from his wife's shop, and Sam got you an empty amulet. Don't know why, though?" Crowley explains, giving Sam a confused look.

"I already told you. My friends on the other side told me that the amulet will be more effective if Yuu chose what gemstone goes in it," Sam says, putting a box on the table.

Yuu goes through everyone's gifts and opens them. Vil and Rook had predictably gotten her makeup and skincare products, while Epel gave her some apple-scented lotions and candles from his village. Riddle and Trey gave Yuu a cookbook from the Queendom of Roses combined with Trey's family recipes and Heartslabyul favorites. The Octatrio gave Yuu a seashell necklace which got inspected by Headmage Ambrose. Savanaclaw's gift was too risque, and Idia, Ortho, and Cater collaborated and gave Yuu a phone case she might like.

Finally, Jack, Ace, and Deuce approach Yuu and give her three boxes.

"We hope you like it!" Ace exclaims, putting his left hand on the back of his neck.

Yuu opens the box, and she pulls out the lingerie version of the Heartslabyul dorm uniform.

"Uh...we had no idea what you liked, so we got you two bikinis," Ace says, looking at the piece of lingerie.

"Ace, Deuce, this isn't a bikini," Yuu deadpans, every house warden and vice house warden shaking their heads.

"WHAT?! Floyd, you said this was a bikini when we went shopping!" Deuce screams, looking at Floyd, who is feigning ignorance.

"What are you talking about, Ace? Floyd was at the Mostro Lounge working with Jade," Azul asks with genuine confusion.

"He was with us! Floyd, say something! Floyd, don't walk away! Yuu, you've got to believe us. Those leeches tricked us again," Ace pleads, holding onto Yuu's shoulders and looking directly into her eyes.

"I believe you. It's not the first time you got duped by the octatrio," Yuu says, patting Ace's head. "Probably won't be the last time either."

"Honestly, Savanaclaw and you three should be ashamed of yourselves. Especially when Yuu has a boyfriend," Lilia says with mischief in his eyes.

Lilia, you old fae piece of shit!

"Yuu, is this true?" Crewel asks, pulling out his whip.

"First off, put the whip down, please. Second, I haven't really figured it out yet. I'm pretty sure we haven't even had an official date. So far, Phillip and I have just been hanging out," Yuu explains, hoping things don't escalate again.

"So that means you've had an unofficial date!" Crewel exclaims, a vein about to pop on his forehead.

"Please don't make everything more than it is again!" Yuu pleads, putting Yuu behind him.

The rest of the NRC students prepare to fight, and Ambrose decides to step in.

"Everyone, calm down! If Phillip and Yuu are dating, then we shouldn't interfere. As long as they are happy with each other, we have no right to get in between them," Ambrose says, stepping in front of Yuu and Phillip.

Crowley jumps at Ambrose, screaming how he's keeping his precious daughter from him. The NRC students run for Yuu and Phillip, but the RSA students cover for them. Yuu and Phillip run down the halls screaming for their lives.

"I didn't think your friends at school would be so protective of you!" Phillip exclaims, jumping over a statue that has fallen to the floor. "Over here!"

Phillip pulls Yuu into a secret passage and shuts the entrance.

"Thanks! How did you know this place was here?" Yuu asks, touching the wet walls. "This looks like it was part of a moonpool from a tv show back home."

The cracks in the stone wall are glowing due to the luminous blue water as they flow down to the bottom.

"I've explored every place in this school. For the most part, the secret passages either lead to the kitchens, exits, or somewhere in the woods. I haven't found out where this passage goes, but I think it's worth it if it's with you," Phillip answers, holding Yuu's hand. "Hold on tight, the steps are slippery, and I don't know how stable the banisters are."

Yuu and Phillip walk down the steps, following the water to get some form of light. A shadow whooshes past Yuu making her cling to Phillip's arm. Phillip smirks and kisses Yuu's cheek. A large splash of water vibrates through the passage, and a body of water lifts Yuu and Phillip zooming down to the bottom.

"AAH! Phillip, what is this thing?!" Yuu screams, holding onto Phillip's chest.

"Wow, princess! I didn't think you'd be so bold as to grip onto my chest!" Phillip teases, holding Yuu's hands in place.

"Shut up! Phil-don't let go of my hands!" Yuu screams, holding onto Phillip's chest tighter than before, feeling the body of water hit a bump.

A tentacle of water hands Yuu the empty amulet that Sam got her while patting her head.

"Oh, thank you, humble water spirit," Yuu says, putting the amulet on. "Phillip, look!"

The water in the walls opens up to a big opening showing a clamshell large enough it could fit a human or mermaid.

"So beautiful..." Phillip says in awe. "Do you smell saltwater?"

"Yeah, I do...we must be getting close to the beach! But that's down the mountain!" Yuu exclaims, feeling the body of water move faster. "Phillip, hang on!"

The light from outside approaches, and Yuu and Phillip go straight into the sand. The body of water turns into Ariel, and it pats Yuu and Phillip on their head. Then it turns to Yuu and goes to her ear.

"Remember, if you want to go home, find the stone that's been touched by things from both worlds..." The Ariel-shaped body of water says, smiling at Yuu.

Find the stone that's been touched by things from both worlds?

The body of water goes back into the passage walls leaving Yuu and Phillip to themselves. A dove flies to Phillip's shoulder and chirps in his ear.

"Well, it looks like we'll be camping here for the night. NRC has taken over the sports field and preparing for more battles. We're stuck out here, and we have no food left. Luckily, I have a few thousand madols in my pocket. So, wanna go out on a date?" Phillip asks, looking at Yuu. "We can go to a restaurant in town."

"I'd like that," Yuu answers, smiling at Phillip. "I'd like that a lot."