Fourty-Three

Diavolo was hard pressed to not stand and rush to her, to pull her smaller from into his and croon to her to. To comfort her and promise that he would be there for her, be a part of her story until the end of time. He was not going to let her go, no...if he had his way he would lock her away in his castle and keep her there all to himself yet he knew that would only make her upset so instead he decided to keep those thoughts to himself.

She was everything he could have asked for in a queen, strong, independent yet loving, kind, compassionate...the list could go on...he now knew why his father had made this engagement, even back then he knew that he would need someone like Kagome to balance him out, to help him grow. She was not perfect and that only made her more appealing, she was perfectly imperfect and he knew he would learn much from her and vice versa.

Together they would lead not only the Devildom but all three realms into a new era and he would do anything to make sure she stayed by his side. 

Clearing his throat to gain her attention he gave her a loving smile that made her cheeks flush. “I can only speak for myself but it would be my honor to be allowed to be a part of your story, to intertwine our stories until the end of time.Yet before we can do that we need to get to know each other more. You’ve shown me who you are at your very core and it’s only fair that I do the same with you.” He paused, his eyes boring into hers, willing her to feel his intent, his vow.

“If given the chance I would like to let you get to know the real me, not the Prince of Devildom or the head of RAD but the real me. I won’t lie, there will be times that I get over bearing, possessive and down right jealous of the bonds you have with others but I assure you I will learn to control those impulses, despite the many years I’ve been alive I am still young and learning. Though I am a prince I am still at my core a boy coming into my own as a man, on my own. My father has a very hands off approach when it comes to raising me, he always has. Yet if it wasn’t for him you never would have come into my life and for that I am thankful.”

He paused, feeling so very open and exposed due to the other males in the room but he knew Kagome needed to hear this, she had exposed herself to them in ways no other being had even done so and it made him feel many things but the one that stood out the most was grateful and the need to be just as candid. Their foundation needed to be stable and he would be damned if he let his own fears and insecurities put any kind of kink in it. 

She had a right to know.

“That being said, I think there’s something you must know...granted it hurts me to think that this is the same individual you spoke of...we do have another human exchange student here...his name is also Solomon...would you be okay with meeting with him?”

He regretted the question as soon as it fell from his lips, her smile faltered as she processed his words, her body jerking back as if struck, her face paling as she clenched her fingers in the blanket resting around her lap.

“So-Solomon is here?” Her voice was a low whisper as a whimper escaped her.