Awakening

Yo,

Welcome to a New Story, my dear Readers.

This is a Naruto story that takes place in Narutoverse. The update schedule of this story depends on the love you show. So be sure to tell what you think of it in comments and DM's.

Note: For Jutsu, I'll write the Jutsu name in Japnese in most cases for the first time and English name will be written in the brackets. Though that won't be the case with the Jutsu I come up with. The Japanese names might have mistakes.

The English name will be continued at every repetition of the Jutsu name with Jutsu in spars and battles written in both Japanese and English. So please be aware of this.

A Special Thanks to Yesthatismyusername for the Story Cover and my beta, Theseus_Theo.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Bijuu/Summons" Bijuu or Summons Speaking.

'Bijuu/Summons' Bijuu or Summons thinking.

"Jutsu" is being used.

Enjoy.

Change in Winds

Prologue

Awakening

It's the day of Naruto's graduation exam and he was in high spirits. With high hopes, he went to the academy to pass and took his graduation test with confidence.

He did well, at least up to a passing level in his written test and barely passed the accuracy test. He was called to perform the required 3 Academy Jutsu.

He did Henge well and changed into his idol, the Yondaime, the Kawarimi went well with a nearby chair. The last one was his toughest, the Bunshin Jutsu.

Naruto performed the required hand seals and with a puff of smoke, a dead pale clone came into existence. Naruto hoped it would stay, but it disappeared a second later in the same smoke.

"I'm sorry, Naruto. You have failed." Said the sad voice of his favourite Chunin Sensei, Iruka Umino whom Naruto looked up to as a surrogate big brother.

He ran from the academy building, unable to bear his third failure and sat on a lonely swing which became his go-to spot in the academy when he is sad.

He always sat there when he was sad as it is always silent, unlike the passers-by who always call him names.

"Did you hear? The demon brat failed!"
"Really? Good thing. Did it seriously think it can pass and kill us?"

"Yondaime's soul will rest in peace now,"

"No doubt, he will,"

Naruto heard people mutter. Having heard them thousands, if not millions of times, he got accustomed to it. But the last part is new, which I didn't care about.

He sat there, wallowing in his sorrow for some time when he heard footsteps and looked up to see Mizuki-sensei, Iruka's assistant walking towards him.

What he told amazed Naruto. After all, he won't be happy when they get a second chance to do what they want the most?

His Sensei told him about a secret graduation exam, which is in his Sensei's power to make him Genin if he managed to retrieve a scroll from the Hokage Tower, learn a Jutsu from it within a specified time.