The Darkness

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Change in Winds. The story will be updated on alternative Saturdays. So the next update will be on 2nd September. Thank you for your continued love and support. Hope you share your feedback with me.

Enjoy.

Change in Winds

Chapter 13

The Darkness

With Team 7

"Chunin exams? Like the ones all villages shinobi participate in?" Sakura asked enthusiastically. As soon as they left the Kazekage Tower, she became chatty again and all members relaxed.

"Yes, Sakura. They are the same. I didn't expect the Kazekage to agree that quickly. Maybe he has something planned." Kakashi said with an eye smile.

"I think the red-haired kid is trouble. Speaking of which," Naruto looked upon a small house.

"Where are you looking, Naruto?" Sakura asked in confusion and followed his gaze. The said red-haired boy stood there, staring at them coldly. The half-covered man appeared beside him and said something to him. They both left.

"He seems rather curious about you, Naruto," Kakashi noted.

"Bugs me as well," Naruto replied as they continued to find something to eat. After trying many local varieties, Naruto ended with his favourite ramen and Team 7 was satisfied with their meals.

"What's next, Sensei?" Naruto asked in high spirits. He liked this place though it's hot and windy, he somehow liked it. Maybe because of the wind. He loves wind after all.

"We will report to Hokage," Kakashi said with a serious face. Team 7 turned to him in confusion as he suddenly turned serious. Team 7 looked up to an empty sand dune. Naruto noticed the abnormal wind blowing there. Sasuke also noticed after scanning the area with his Sharingan. Sakura is looking dumbly.

"How about I show you how to defend against a strong Wind user there?" Kakashi asked, surprising the trio. Kakashi is surprisingly cooperative with them, teaching them many things.

He looked around to check for something and Naruto knew he was counting the number of Anbu that were following them and also noticed how the area is just outside the village which doesn't push them into trouble with its shinobi.

"We are in, Sensei," Naruto said with an excited smile. Sasuke nodded his acknowledgement and Sakura followed, unable to deny.

They showed their IDs and moved out of the village and as their food supplies are full, they don't need to stop anywhere to stock them so it was a perfect time.

As they moved to the dune, they were bombarded with strong gusts of wind, which was so strong Sakura was almost blown away. Naruto made a single-hand sign with a slash of his hand, creating a barrier of wind around them.

"You are becoming an expert wind user, Naruto," Kakashi said in an impressed tone. 'He is so like Sensei,' he thought as he saw a shadow of an older blonde man.