8

ROMEN;

"What do you want Jordan?" I asked my brother while walking toward my car. He'd skipped school today since Bumble had surgery.

"Hey, Ro Ro what are you doing?" Jordan asked in his nice voice. He definitely wants something.

I sighed before answering, "Nothing. What do you need?"

"Can you pretty please pick me up 2 chicken sandwiches, a fry, and a water from that diner you go to all the time."

"Sure." I rolled my eyes, he eats like a horse.

Jordan yawned, "Oh yeah I forgot and a smoothie for Arielle, or whatever she likes. Damn it's been a while, I used to have to feed you hooligans." He said getting sidetracked.

I felt my heart drop a little. Arielle? I wonder if she was alright? She missed school for the first time in a while.

"Are you at Arielle's?"

"Yeah I'm on babysitting duties and before you ask I don't know why she needs one. I'm here because I'm a good friend."

I nodded to myself starting up my car, "I'll be there soon." I said before hanging up the phone.

I can't look at Arielle without drowning in guilt. I like to tell myself that I wanted to date Marie, that I thought of a future with her.

And I used to, but my true feelings stopped the moment I had to choose between her and Arielle.

I wanted Arielle to feel how I did when she left. I know it is a fucked up, and selfish thing to even want.

I'll forever regret my decision.

When I arrived at Arielle's house, I called my brother to let me in.

"I left the front door to unlocked, I'm releasing hell in Matthew's toilet." Jordan laughed as I cringed.

I hung up after that, carrying the bag up the porch and opening the door. I put Jordan's food on the counter.

I then nervously walked up towards her room.

I know she hates me, I hate me too.

My hands feel shaky when I see her door, and with every step, I take it feels like my oxygen is running out.

Before I knock on her door I hear a loud drop and cries after. My mind clears as I rush into the room.

I didn't care how mad she would be, I needed her to feel better. I wrapped my arms around her hoping to calm her.

I feel my heart pumping through my veins, "It's alright Elle you're fine." I shushed her, one of my hands held her body while my other was placed on the side of her head.

I look down to see her thighs having blood spots at the top, her fingers engraved in them.

"Arielle stop that." I grabbed her hands. Her fingertips were fresh with blood on them.

"Romen. Go." She managed to say through her tears.

I picked her up putting her in a chair. Without saying a word I went to her bathroom and acquired a wet towel and a first aid kit.

I gently held her hands and wiped them off with the towel. I then poured hydrogen peroxide over them.

Once it stopped bubbling I patted it dry and put a bandage over her engravements.

She's staring at the wall with nothing to say.

"Arielle please talk to me. What's going on in your mind." I begged, my hands still holding hers.

"I'm tired. I'm so tired." She cried. "I don't have anyone my mom hates me my brother is annoyed by me. You left me. I'm a lost cause."

I couldn't say anything or react, it was hard not to cry. I grabbed her cheek to wipe her tears off, But suddenly stopped once I saw her black eye. Who the hell did that?

"I'm sorry. I am so very sorry." I wiped her tears off some more looking down.

"Did you want to stop being my friend because of how I looked?" She looked up at me with her swollen red eyes.

"Why would you even say that? of course not Arielle," I said, she looked away.

Please don't look away from me, Arielle.

"Romen leave. You are not even supposed to be here" She looked up at the wall.

"Arielle I'll always look out for you no matter what. You don't have to tell me what's going on in your head, but you're gonna have to tell me who did that to your eye."

"It was Marie." She said quietly, but I heard her loud and clear.

"Okay, I'll handle it." I sighed standing up.

She said nothing, she did nothing, she stared into oblivion.

I wanted to comfort her until she felt better, but I ruined that chance for me.

"Thanks for the food, Ro Ro," Jordan spoke with his mouth full, I couldn't react. I needed to get out of this house.

I have to remind myself to handle one thing at a time, and that one thing is practice. But I don't think I can do anything right now. All I see is her, her tears, her black eye, her everything.

I drive going to one place, and that place was Marie's house. She was not getting away with this no matter what.

Trying to calm myself I played my favorite playlist, Arielle had made it for me. I'm glad she never put it on private, her taste in music has always been my favorite.

I took a deep breath arriving at Marie's house, honestly, I don't know how this going to end.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here?" She peaked open the door so I could only see her face. Her hair was messy and she smelt of sweat. If I was a complete stupid idiot I'd think she was working out, but I wasn't it was obvious she was cheating. The hickey on her neck also proved my thoughts.

"Marie I'm gonna give you 10 seconds to explain what you did to Arielle or we are done." I was lying. I didn't care what she said or how fast she said it, I'm breaking up with her either way.

She shrugged her shoulders making an innocent face, "What do you mean?"

"9,8,7" I began to count down.

"Kingston stop," she laughed the only thing that was funny at this moment is that she thought I was joking."

"6,5,4" I continued.

"Fine, she was being a jealous bitch so I put her in her place. Why do you care about that emo girl so much?" She rolled her eyes, I could feel my madness creeping through my body.

"Marie we are done, you're the jealous bitch. Arielle has done nothing to you and if I could go back in time and choose again, you wouldn't even be in my mind."

I turned around walking away. I felt her sharp nails dig into my skin. "Fine be like that I was just using you. If you think anyone likes you for you, you're deeply mistaken." She pushed me and stormed inside her house.