12

"Ellie! You're finally here! I thought you died!" Miles ran toward me.

I was running on 0 energy. I couldn't sleep last night due to thoughts running through my head, and I had to wake up early since my aunt is a teacher.

"Wish I did." I joked.

"You look like a zombie. You need this." He held an orange.

"No, I already ate. I just didn't get enough sleep." I pushed it away. For once I wasn't lying. I knew I needed some energy today so I had some blueberries that Romen left over.

"Okay just don't go passing out on me. Who else would I cheat off." Miles laughed.

"Arielle." The familiar voice said. "Can we talk?"

I'm currently praying that I'm imagining his voice, but when I turned around I soon realized it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. He was here.

I stood. It almost makes me laugh remembering how I used to be taller than him at the age of 5, but now he's towering over me.

"Yes?" I swallow.

He knows everything...

Romen looked surprised when I stood. "Can I take you home?"

"...What?" I asked confused. I had just got here.

"You look tired. I don't want you to overexert yourself over school."

"Romen not now please." I looked behind him to see Marie glaring at me. "I'm fine. I'm always fine."

"Elle goooooo." Miles stood draping an arm over my shoulder. "I love you girl but..." he stared at Romen and turned into my ear to whisper. "This is your chance."

"Shut up Miles." I rolled my eyes and went to go sit down.

I looked up at Romen to see hurt in his eyes. He always used to hide it but I could easily pick it out. Why is he this concerned about me?

"I just—" he started.

"Okay then. You are right, I am tired. Please take me home." I focused my vision on the ground, very much ashamed for giving in.

"Yay! Let's go, guys!" Miles excitedly said.

Romen squinted his eyes brows in confusion. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it.

We had a substitute today, so it was easy to escape the class. Miles slickly lied for the three of us and said we had a family emergency, so getting out of class was the easiest part.

"Shotgun!" Miles yelled out.

"How do you have so much damn energy." I sighed opening the back seat.

"It's because I ate today. Unlike someone." Miles smirked sitting in the seat.

Romen suddenly glared at the man, and before he could speak, I stopped him. "Romen it's fine."

Romen began to yell at Miles. "Are you fu—"

"Woah chill it was a joke." Miles held up his hands. "Arielle, can you switch seats with me? I'm scared of him."

I opened my door. "You're the one who wanted to sit there." I sighed getting out of the car.

"That was before he yelled at me." He whined running into the back seat. "Okay let's go!"