chapter one

after an exhausting day at school, i was more than ready to go back home and lay on my bed for hours. i walked out the school doors to be greeted by my chaotic friend group. leslie and helena ran up to me and gave me a tight hug.

"what took you so long?" asked ricky, as he and the others walked up to me.

"sorry, my teacher didn't let us leave until we finished writing the notes down." i explained.

"it's fine, let's go!" exclaimed helena, dragging my hand.

-

i felt very lucky to be friends with them. ever since i dumped my old "best friend", she had been talking behind my back with the popular kids at my school. probably saying how rude i was or how they shouldn't hang out with me. if i have to be honest though, i couldn't care less. anna would never support me when i accomplish something. but it still hurts to know that i we weren't being friends anymore. she had been my best friend since kindergarten.

we dropped off brad and nick at their houses as we walked along the neighborhood. we all lived pretty close to each other, so we usually would walk home together and walk to school in the morning.

"y/n, the first few episodes of percy jackson is out," squealed helena. "do you wanna do watch them with leslie and i some time?"

"it's already out?" i replied, still remembering the days when i tried auditioning for the role of annabeth. "and sure! just let me know when you guys are planning to do it."

but before helena could answer my question, i felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.

walker's pov
when i flew to canada to film percy jackson, it was the best experience ever. i vaguely remember going to downtown with aryan and bodhi and doing the dumbest shit ever. i had so many firsts in vancouver, it's practically like my second home. however, now that percy jackson is out, i decided to come back to visit british columbia for a couple of months with a couple of my costars.

currently, i'm driving around the city with aryan, leah, dior, charlie, and my siblings. it's honestly kind of chaotic in here and i felt bad for my mom (who was driving).

"WILL YOU PAST THE DAMN SOUR PATCH KIDS LEENA?" tanner shouted from the back seat. leena, who was on my left, had an entire family-size bag.

"WILL YOU ASK NICELY?" leena shouted back.

"leena and tanner! please keep it down!" my mom yelled.

"is it always like this?" aryan joked from my right.

"yes, i would gladly trade them for anything." i rolled my eyes, sarcastically.

"watch it, mr. kelp face," leena spoke. "i will still use you as clout."

"i'm so glad im in the front seat.." charlie muttered from the front seat.

"you're not all that special, mr. luke." dior dissed charlie, laughing.

"right?? us annabeth and clarisse do it better." leah agreed next to dior.

-

a couple of minutes later, we drove close to a high school, and it looked like it had just ended. as i am seeing a bunch of kids walking back home or being picked up.

"hey, this is the school tanner will be joining in a few months!" my mom exclaimed, pointing to the school as we drove past it.

"ew," said tanner. "it's not fair how i still need to go to school when visiting vancouver."