chapter three

a/n
i forgot to tell you guys this, but leslie, helena, brad, nick, and ricky are written like my one friend group at school. and i don't think using their real name is necessary, so that's why their names are like the way they are. if you have a similar friend group like that, then you can pretend it's them. i hope that makes sense!!
now, enjoy this chapter! <3

y/n's pov
"walkerrr," i groaned. "tell me where we are goinggg."

"it's a surprise, i told you that already y/n" said walker.

"okay, school bell." i spoke.

"hey!"

"what? pretty cool nickname if you ask me."

walker sarcastically rolled his eyes. "anyway, the location is kinda far away from where you live, i'll just call an uber."

-

the uber arrived and we both sat in the backseat, it was really awkward because of the silence, i shuffled around my seat. walker clearly noticed this and looked at me with a confused look.

"something wrong?" he asked.

"sorry," i replied. "it's just really awkward."

"awkward because you haven't taken an uber with a boy before?"

"yeah, i guess?" i shrugged.

walker chuckled, soon enough he got a little red.

"you're blushing." i pointed out.

"what? no, not at all." he replied.

walker's pov
there was something about y/n that never fails to make me happy. i know that's a dumb thing to say, since we just met yesterday, but it was the truth.

the whole car goes silent once again until i broke the silence.

"hey, y/n?" i asked.

"yeah, what's up?" she replied back. she turned her gaze from the window to me.

"um, while you were walking," i began to say. "this girl came up to me, and i thought she was from your school. she also looked kinda upset when i mentioned your name."

"did she tell you her name?"

"no, but her hair color is like this strawberry blonde and it was up in a ponytail."

y/n goes silent, leaning back against her seat.

"what's wrong?" i asked.

"she's a girl that i dropped because of how rude she was to me, and is now ruder than ever because she thinks that i am stealing her life."

"but your not," i reassured her. "you're probably the nicest person i've met so far this year."

"alright, we're here!" the uber driver announced.

"c'mon, let's go!" i said.

"woah, is this stanley park?" she asked.

"yep."

"i've been here a few times, this place truly is beautiful" said y/n, as she stared in awe.

"i came here a lot when i was filming percy jackson. it helped me reset." i smiled.

"here, let's go to the beach." i grabbed y/n's wrist. she seemed surprised when i did, but didn't say anything about it.

we arrived to the beach, and it really pulled me back in. the sea waves, the sun setting, and the soft sand.