chapter twelve

y/n's pov
after playing hide and seek with them, we all kind of sat in leena's room and waited for momona to arrive,

walker and leah were on their phone, leena on call with her boyfriend, dior in the washroom touching up her makeup, charlie listening to music, and aryan reading a random book he found on leena's desk.

"leena, when are you ever going to help me with my homework?? you promised." i spoke all of a sudden.

"if you clearly can't see, ms. y/n, leena's too busy on call with her boyfriend." walker sarcastically said.

"piss off, you're also on your phone." leena commented.

aryan looked up from his book, laughing at the sibling's rivalry. "i can help you if you'd like, y/n."

walker's ocean eyes staring daggers at him, then looking over at me.

"sure," i smiled. "that'd be great!"

leena and leah looked over at the two of us, smirking.

aryan walked over from the bean bag to wear i was sitting. i reached over to grab my backpack, taking out my math homework.

"you need help with your algebra homework?" aryan
questioned, taking the paper from my hands.

"yes.. my teacher explains it in a very weird way and i just don't listen to her." i stated, embarrassed.

aryan laughed. "no worries, you just need to learn bedmas."

"brackets, exponents, division, multiplication, addition, then subtraction?" i guessed

"yes! now just apply it to these questions." aryan guided, taking a pen from my pencil case.

walker's pov
stupid, i'm absolutely stupid.

there's nothing i could do expect from staring at aryan teaching y/n how to do her stupid algebra homework.

i wanted to be the one teaching her. i was the one who got the highest marks in my class when we had our algebra test.

the worst part was that y/n genuinely looked like she understood what aryan was saying. occasionally, they would even share smiles.

"soo, the answer would be 4?" y/n guessed.

"yes! you got it right!" aryan smiled.

y/n's jaw was practically on the floor. "there's no way i got that right. thank you so much aryan for teaching me!"

aryan chuckled, "of course, i taught a lot of my friends algebra since their dumbasses didn't understand as well."

y/n smiled. god that smile.

leena eventually got off the call with cooper. "you're done your homework, y/n/n?"

"yes, aryan helped me since you wouldn't because you were on call with cooper." y/n sarcastically rolled her eyes.

"heyy! i'm sorry, i'll make it up to you." leena answered.

"you better!" y/n joked, placing her homework back inside her backpack.

"when's momona arriving?" dior questioned, coming out of the bathroom.

"uhh, she should be here soon." leena checked her watch. "i would guess 5-10 more minutes?"

y/n stuffed her face on one of leena's pillows,
"i miss her so muchh, i want her to come nowww."

leena laughed, "same."

"hey, do you guys want any food?" i spoke, getting up from my chair.

y/n looked up from the pillow. "yes! can you get me cookies and cream ice cream??"