(Part 2)~The Carriage Attack

The ride to Moonacre Manor seemed to be forever. The dirt road was a little bumpy. But that didn't stop Red from trying to relax. She got out her sewing kit and started French Needle Point. Since the road was bumpy, Red started to think sewing probably wasn't a good idea on this journey. Before Red was about to put her sewing kit away, the ebony black carriage came to a halt. She could feel that the Coachman was getting of his seat, outside. Red pulled the satin black curtains back further so she could she where she was. She saw a field of green with a trail off to a forest. Red then pulled the curtains back completely and stuck her head out the window with her arms supporting her weight so she wouldn't fall. As soon as she looked out of the window the saw a large stone wall with a huge rusted metal gate. "What's happening?" Red asked the Coachman "Have we arrived?". It turns out the Coachman was deaf so he couldn't hear a word Red was saying.

Just as Red was about to move herself back into the carriage...a boy in a mask grabbed her in an attack. This boy...was Robin. He had a very strong grip around her upper arms, and it was hard for her to move. Red screamed and screamed. The manor was so far away and was nowhere to be seen, the gate was so far from it. Her Uncle Benjamin couldn't come to help her because he wouldn't of heard her that far away. The question is 'Would he actually have come for Red in her time of trouble?'.

Red fidgeted and even tried to pull Robin down so when he fell, he'd let go of her. But it didn't work. Though Red did manage to rip the needle out of the stitch, dropping the wheel on the road beneath her. Red held the large, sharp needle in her hand with a firm grasp. Then...she grazed across the top of Robin's hand at an angle making a large cut from the bottom of his thumb to the bottom of his pinky finger. Robin screamed in pain. He moved back and knelt on the carriage roof. At the same time, the carriage started moving. Robin fell off and landed on his back. The Coachman pulled a chain which closed the gate. By the time Robin got back up, the gate was closed. It was too late for Robin to catch Red now. He stood against the gate with his hands on it and shouted in frustration.

Red was still shocked and freaked out from what happened. She leaned back against the carriage wall and felt pain in her arms. She moved her sleeve down from her shoulder to find bruises the size of Robin's fingers. Red rolled up her sleeve and tried to stop worrying for when she meets her Uncle Benjamin, she doesn't want to cause grief.