(Part 14)~We Found It

As they walked through the dark, dark hall of the tree hollow, they felt sudden gusts of quick wind and dust breeze past them. Dried twisted roots, hung above their heads. They could hear the De Noir knights outside the tree. "I swear they were here!" one of them shouted as they started to walk off. Red and Robin let out heavy breaths as they struggled to get past all they roots around them. Their footsteps could only be heard as a light dragging of their shoes. "Robin" Red whispered "Look at this". They both walked up to a old wooden door covered with dried vines. Red turned around to look at Robin as his head was turned the other way, worrying if the nasty knights were outside. Waiting for them to come out. Kind of like catching a rabbit.

Red slowly pushed the door open and it made a loud, long creak. They both quietly walked down 3 stone steps into a room with a carved stone bed which looked like a coffin. They looked around, seeing small beams of light sticking out the the tree roots. Red ran to the back of the room and started searching. "Where are they?" she whispered.

Outside of the hallow the knights still stood in shock, trying to figure out where they went. One of the knights looked around and saw a hole in the twisted roots. He bent down and saw a large hole, knowing the two young teens must've run in there as he saw the red ribbon which Robin had kept in his pocket all this time, hanging by a single thread, outside the edge of the tree.

As Red rummaged through a stone box she picked up a large white dress. "It's her's...It must be" Red said referring to the last Moon Princess. Robin carefully was handed the dress and put it back into the box. Red looked to her right and said "Oh, where did you put them?". She saw a stone horse statue and put her dainty little hand on it. Not realising, the weight on her arm was pushing it down. She saw it move and a sound of stone scraping against it's self was heard as a hidden door revealed itself. Red and Robin looked at each other and smiled as they leaned down to look inside. Red quickly raised up to her height and her large brown eyes caught attention to the other side of the room. A statue of a beautiful women from head to torso. She had her hand on her chest and her head was looking to the entrance with the wooden door. As Red walked over to the statue, she had a gazed of wonderment as she looked into the stone lady's eyes. Red's eyes looked down at a necklace that looked like rock covered with dust. Red raised her right hand slowly and carefully towards the necklace. Robin turned and stood up only the see the back of Red's body, lifting her hand to the statue.

At the moment her petite fingers touch the necklace, a ray of shining, gradient, white light shone to reveal that the rocks on the necklace weren't rocks at all...they were the Moon Pearls. Red smiled with complete happiness and she turn and showed the necklace to Robin. "The pearls!" he exclaimed.

Red jumped once with excitment and relief as she went in to hug Robin. And he hugged back...not just with relief and excitment...but love as well. As the two pulled apart from their long hug, they looked into each others eyes. As they started to move closer their eyes shot straight at the wooden door when they heard a shout of raid from one of the knights. He had found them. Robin ran over to make sure the door was secure and shut. "Robin! Let's go!" Red shouted to him as the both ran for the stone passageway. After Robin ran in from behind Red, the passageway sealed itself. And just at the right time too. The knights had knocked the wooden door down just as Red and Robin escaped.

The knight looked around only to notice that Red and Robin weren't in there. "WITCHCRAFT!" the dark knight yelled as he ran out of the room.

From then on in the tunnels, there wasn't any roots or vines, just stone walls like a cave. "It's so dark here" Robin whispered to Red hoping that she would cuddle up to him. Red looked at Robin. She could see him but only just. "Moonpearls, We need your power now...show us the way" Red whispered. And the Moon Pearls lit up in a beautiful glowing light. Robin knew his plan had failed to get Red to cozy up to him. But he still followed. She was all on his mind.

Red held the pearls out infront of her like a lantern in her left hand. And in her right she grabbed lightly onto Robin's hand to guide him the way. Entwining her fingers with his.

Their footsteps echoed as they felt like they had been walking for hours or even days. "We're lost" Robin said as he looked down at the ground. And at last they finally saw the light of day even though it was the sun setting.