the boy next door.

i sigh and look out my window, looking at the boy next door, pete wentz. I've had a crush on him since we moved here, which is 6 years. my brother gerard and his questionable friends say i should make a move, but hes way out of my league. i bet he doesn't even know i exist. i dont go out much because im homeschooled. its currently summer break it started a week ago and ive just been rotting in my room. i wish i was more like my brother. he used to be like me but then he got friends, so he socializes alot more. i have friends! unless friends on live journal and tumblr dont count, then i do, in fact, only have one. gabe saporta. he also thinks i should talk to pete. hes sorta his friend. i dont even know if pete likes boys, his ex katy wrote a song about him being gay as an insult, but everyones homophobic to each other. oh well.

my phone buzzes and i pick it up, "hello?" "HEY MIKES" "hi gabe." "mikey, mikey way, Michael James Way, you need to live your summer, cmon finally talk to pete! go see bands! do something please." "uh no" "mikey you've liked him for 6 years, SINCE YOU WERE 10, you fucking have to" "what if he's not gay?" "I know you are looking at him right now. he is probably the gayest looking dude in town, more then you and me. "also hes kissed a lot of boys, so that should count for something; at the very least, you can get a smooch!" "i dunno gabe" "well if you dont, at least go to warped tour with me" "that seems kinda fun, i guess so" "WOO okay i gotta go but please please please talk to pete today and we'll plan later peace" "bye," he hangs up the phone, and i take a deep breath in. i go to my bathroom and take a quick shower listening to black flag. i get out and wrap my towel around my waist. i brush my teeth and dry my hair, while my straightener heats up i put on some eyeliner. while i straighten my bangs i wonder how to start talking to him. god this is so hard, i get dressed and put on my glasses. i grab my phone and earbuds and walk down the stairs, "where you going mikes?" "to talk to pete...maybe im still deciding." gerard and his friends faces drop. after all the screaming and shoutings, gerards friend? frank laughs, "finally! you've been crushing on him forever" "yeah i know..." "YOU WERE 10" "yup i get it frank."im sorry, but where did you get this courage?" "im not sure, to be honest, I guess because it's summer and gabe sorta convinced me." "well, good luck!" ray says with a smile and thumbs up, "thanks ray" hes my favorite of gerards friends mostly because he's chill,responsible,wise, and doesn't make out with my brother. i wave and walk outside, i see pete and look away, i guess ill just take a walk and then talk to him after.

i begin to walk and listen to the smiths. when im halfway down the sidewalk i feel someone tap my shoulder, i take out an earbud and turn, its pete, "hey your names mikey right?" "yeah, how'd you know?" "gabe talks about you sometimes, well hi im pete" he says, reaching out his hand, a handshake in 2004? what the fuck. i smile trying not to laugh and shake his hand. "i can't believe you know i exist" "and i can't believe you aren't dying from the sunrays, i thought vampires burned?" i laugh and he smiles, "sooo what are you listening to?" "the smiths" "can i listen with?" "sure" i say as i hand him an earbud and we walk aimlessly around our town. wow, im walking with pete fucking wentz while listening to this charming man. we stop at a record shop, he taps my shoulder and points at a poster. "arma angelus, i was in that band" "no way" "yeah, i played bass" "you play bass too?" "mhm" "wow" "now im in a new band, fall out boy". we walk in and look at records. i grab a misfits one and he grabs a glassjaw one. we pay for them and head back. we arrive at our houses and he hands me back my earbud. "hey, if you wanna drop off your record and come back to my place to hang we can" "sounds fun" we walk up to my door, "k ill be back" he nods and i open the door, all of them look to the side and see pete standing, they look back at me once i put my record in my room and i flip them off. "uh do they not like me?" "no they're just nosy...sorry" "its fine" .

we walk in to his house and run upstairs, his mom didn't want anyone over today. we sit on his bed and catch our breath, laughing. he puts his records with his others and grabs his bass, he strums while we talk. "so uh is katy still mad at you" "yup...its so awesome being outed, my dad doesn't talk to me anymore and my mom just says "shes disappointed" so thats cool" "oh im sorry pete" "its fine, im just glad i didn't get kicked out" i frown and he continues to play. "so me and gabe plan on going to warped tour do you maybe wanna come?" "really?" "yes!" "fuck yeah i do, are we gonna rent a hotel or something?" "yeah probably" "sounds good" "oh also, do you maybe want to practice with each other?" "of course, how long have you been playing" "since i was 14" "ive been playing since i was 10" "wow show off" "shut up" we laugh. "how am i gonna get outta here?" "uhh good question!...i wonder if you'll be okay if you jump out of my windo-" "absolutely not" "well we can try to sneak, what time is it?" "its, oh shit its late 9 pm" "we should be ok" we slowly and quietly walk down his stairs, we hear footsteps and run out of the door, i guess i didnt tie my shoe right bc i trip on to the grass, pete laughs and lends me a hand, i pull him to the ground, we look at the stars for a bit and make shapes, "well i should get going bye pete" "bye mikey" he blows me a kiss and i laugh and catch it, he laughs and then we walk our separate ways. i walk in with a huge smile on my face and see gerard and his friends all staring at me, "yes it went well" they all cheer. i sit down on the couch with them, "we're gonna practice bass together and go to warped tour" "AWWWW" gerard cries, "frank they're literally outdoing us..." "we'll one up them and be in a band" "HEY gerard said if he starts a band he'll let me be in it..." "start a band with your boyfriend then" "he's not my boyfriend" "oh right...cant relate" "i hate you guys, not you ray" he laughs and the other two roll their eyes. i go up to my bedroom and lay down thinking about the day, my phone buzzes and i get a text

:hey mikes!

:pete?

:the one and only

:ur so stupid

pete^^:yeah...ur not wrong my mom yelled at me rn for all the noise

:oops sorry...also howd u get my number

pete^^:dont worry, also from gabe

:oh ofc

pete^^: anyways i didn't get to tell you goodnight so goodnight

:goodnight

i turn off my phone and smile and go to sleep.