Chapter 5- A Strange Teddy Bear

The Siren: Chapter 5- A Strange Teddy Bear

Crack!

"And there really are lots of events at this school! And there will even be a Culture Festival held throughout the year!, the class rep said while walking into class B" class rep said

"Hey, polka-dotted panties girl. I hear that if you don't familiarize yourself with everyone in the class in a week, you can't officially transfer in,"

"Well, at the rate you're going, that's probably impossible." natsume said

"Hahah" permy hair laughed

"But I'm not saying that I'm not giving you any chances. However, this will only count if you really do have an Alice, See the Northern Woods over there?" he pointed the northern wood 

"If you go through those woods and are able to come back safely, I'll accept you as having an Alice." Natsume says, setting a clear challenge for Mikan.

"The northern woods?" Mikan asks, sounding shocked and a bit scared by the prospect of entering and navigating the dangerous woods.

"That's too reckless!" the class rep says, also feeling concern about Mikan's decision.

"Reckless," Mikan says, sounding slightly dismissive of the caution and advice being offered to her.

"That forest is really dangerous and is always marked with signs like "no entry" class rep saiys with worried look

"I didn't say it was impossible. If you don't want to, you can just peacefully leave our academy." Natsume says to her, offering her a choice.

"No way!" the class rep says, sounding a bit shocked and worried by the idea of Mikan entering the dangerous woods.

Mikan, however, feels confident and declares that she will go through the woods and come back safely.

"So will you do it or not?"

"I'll do it!" mikans said

"I see. Mikan, well, I'm sure it won't be anything too bad, probably. Oh, and here you go. It's a farewell present, and this is for Calliope, too." Hotaru says to Mikan, giving her a box to open.

"Since you're still a newcomer who's unfamiliar with the area, I'll let you bring a special friend to help guide you," Natsume says, mentioning that Mikan will be able to take a special friend with her.

Mikan stares at Hotaru, feeling thankful for her help and guidance.

"Do your best" Hotaru says, sending off Mikan with a gesture of encouragement.

Hotaru then runs off with her duck 

Suddenly they hear a sudden loud CRACK! opening the door

"Woah! What's happening in there?" Calliope thinks to themselves as they turn to look towards the source of the noise, only to find themselves being suddenly hugged by Mikan. "Come with me"

"Where?"

"To Northern woods..."

"The northern woods? It's dangerous to go in there."

As the other students look outside the windows that overlook the forest, they see that it is indeed, a dangerous place.

"Hmn, but I just come to the northern wood and see a teddy bear..."

Calliope thinks for a moment before deciding to go with Mikan into the woods.

"Do you wanted me to come with you?" she says to Mikan, sounding curious and eager for an adventure.

"Yeah but u seem tired.."

- "Don't worry about me, I will come with you! It's dangerous to go by yourself..." Mikan says to Caliope, sounding grateful and happy that Caliope is willing to accompany her.

Caliope smiles back at Mikan and nods in agreement.

"Well then...that settles that," Natsume says, feeling satisfied that Caliope and Mikan are going together.

Caliope looks at Mikan as they are walking through the woods and notices her pale face.

"NO..." Mikan says, sounding more defiant and confident when responding to Caliope's question.

Suddenly, the class rep appears, saying "I can't let you Two go in there alone. I'll go with you."

"Really?" Mikan says with smiles and class rep nodded 

///

""We're sinking!" They says, sounding worried as they realize that they have fallen into quicksand.

"This is quicksand," the class rep says, sounding concerned and anxious to get out of this dangerous situation.

"Someone save us!"  mikan shouts out.

"What is this? Rescue?" Calliope asks in response." there's even a button attached to it." someone says, looking down at the button and wondering what to do next.

"But what does it mean by that 50 rabbits thing?" Mikan asked

"That aside, let's just try pushing it" one of the others say, feeling curious and eager to see what will happen.

They press the button, and BOOM!

"Fireworks?" Calliope thinks, sounding surprised and a bit confused by the sudden explosion.

"Hotaru!" Mikan says, feeling happy that Hotaru came to her rescue.

Hotaru then explains that Mikan and Caliiope will have to pay the rescue fee of 50 rabbits, or manual labor to make up for the debt, if they are unable to pay.

"Anything is fine with me!" Mikan says, sounding eager to pay off the rescue fee and not too worried about how they will do so.

"I didn't say I would go in there with you. I definitely won't let go of you! Back off and don't hug me when you're all muddy." Hotaru says

"Aigoo, I feel really tired," Mikan says to herself, feeling exhausted and tired from all the walking and adventures that she has been through.

///

"These are the Northern Woods?" Mikan says, looking around and feeling curious about the place she's exploring.

"Mikan-chan, let's be careful when going through them, okay? They say there are a lot of strange things in here," the class rep says to Mikan, warning her and Caliope to be careful during their exploration.

"A lot of strange things..." Mikan says, seeming a bit nervous and scared by the prospect of encountering these mysterious things in the woods.

"Like a teddy bear?" Caliope says to Mikan with a bit of surprise and uncertainty.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Continue~