Chapter 9- A Siren? ( Song Of Life)

The Siren Song: Chapter 9- A Siren? ( Song Of Life)

Next Morning~

"I won't give up." Mikan shouts, sounding determined to get a star rating for herself one day.

Class rep replies: "Oh, that's right. Doing the dishes is no star job. Too."

"You better get moving or you're going to be late." The robot says to Mikan.

Mikan looks annoyed, but Hotaru tells her: "Let's go."

Caliope starts to think and says with robotic voice "But is it a bit too much?" thinking about Mikan being the one to wash the dishes for everyone else.

"I know, it's alright." Mikan says, still smiling, while Caliope helps her with the dishes.

"Calliope, you'll be late."

In response, Caliope says with robotic voice: "It's alright."

 Mikan tells Caliope: "After the class, we will have sport." But Caliope decides not to go because she is too tired to run and join in the sports group activity.

"Thud."

Caliope sits down near a tree and takes out a poem given to her by Elena.

"******"

Caliope looks at the poem in her hand, which is by Elena, and reads it to herself.

"In my life time, there had been countless lines and cracks, just as the sun pierces through wave. My heart has formed many fine lines, but I don't want to break down just because I'm hurt."

Caliope reads the poem carefully and thinks deeply about its meaning, and what Elena meant by the words written.

*******

Meow meow.

Caliope hears a cat and looks around, spotting it near her location. Caliope approaches the cat and picks it up, thinking that it is cute.

"So cute." She smiles, her smile as bright as the breaking sun.

Suddenly, someone appears before her. "Calliope-chan." That's Haru.

"What are you doing here? " Robotic tone ON

"Uh, I just finding my cat." Haru responds, sounding a bit confused.

Caliope looks at the cat, confused.

"Oh." Caliope replies, sounding a bit embarrassed.

"Sorry. I didn't know this is your cat."

"It's alright." Haru replies, sounding relaxed and friendly.

Then Caliope smiles softly, and Haru seems happy and her cheeks become red apple.

"Huh?" Haru exclaims, sounding a bit confused.

Finally, a subtle, soft, pounding sound can be heard. Lubdub~lubdub-lubdub~~lubdub.

Calliope thinks, wondering what the sound was that she is hearing.

"What was that? Is that heartbeat?"

She suddenly notices Haru's cheeks becoming red, and she looks at Haru.

"Seriously, why is your cheeks so red?" Calliope asks, sounding confused by Haru's sudden change in reaction.

Haru becomes flustered, and quickly leaves, taking the cat with them. Calliope is left behind as Haru leaves.

The pounding sound becomes louder, increasing in frequency as it continues. SILENT~