Chapter 8- Star Rank

Siren Song: Chapter 8- Star Rank

Calliope PoV:

"I woke up in the infirmary room after the incident." Caliope says, speaking after the previous events.

"For now, they've caught me. They know I have an Alice; I can't believe I have this power again." Caliope says, seeming surprised to learn that she had an Alice.

Calioe bites her lips, feeling guilty for what has happened.

"What can I do? It has already happened." Caliope thinks to herself, feeling helpless and overwhelmed by the situation.

Click.

'"Huh?" Caliope  looking up as Rei Serio, a young man with black hair and a plain mask who has a cool appearance, enters the infirmary room. "You're awake" he says

Then Caliope rolls her eyes and finds a paper and pen, quickly writing [Who are you?] while pretending to not know who he is.

"I'm Persona from Dangerous Ability." Rei Serio says in response to Caliope's writing, sounding pleased to know that she is okay.

"[I'm not glad to see you, but what about Mikan? Is she okay?]" Caliope asks in return, expressing her concern for Mikan's wellbeing.

"Yeah, she's alright. She's staying in this academy because she has nulification Alice." Rei replies,

"Say it to me. What are you hiding?" Person asks, sounding curious and determined to find out what Caliope is hiding from him.

[You don't need to know.] Caliope thinks, feeling creeped out by Person's cold expression and creepy smirk. She also thinks about how he looks like a bird's nest and how it's laughable to think that he's scary when he can barely style his own hair.

'He's not the villain for me in the story. The only villain I know is the esp principal' Calliope thought

Rei Serio. Persona was abandoned by his parents because of his Alice and it spreading all over his body due to poor control. He was then taken into the Academy and locked in a cellar in the Hana Hime dungeon.

'This dude is like me. I was locked in the cage like a bird and abandoned by my parents. Persona just wants to be loved like me,' Calliope thinks to herself.

Then Caliope looks at Persona with no emotion, feeling pity for him because she knows how it feels to be abandoned by her parents and locked up in a cage or prison. Persona didn't even want to have a rare Alice and instead he wanted to be loved and have a family.

'For me, my father made me sing until I vomited blood. I wished it would be over, but I expected death.'

Then Caliope writes gently on the paper: [Fine I will tell you. I have elemental Alice. Copying Alice.]

'"I see that you have a unique Alice." Rei points out, sounding impressed and interested.

"[But I never wanted it.]" Caliope replies, revealing her true feelings about her power.

"Then you need this. To control your Alice. This is restraints." Rei says, showing Caliope a set of restraints.

[Hey Mister, I can control my power. I don't need it, but I will take it.]" Caliope replies,

'So shiny.' Calliope remarks, looking at the bracelet and being impressed by its appearance.

"You can have it," Rei says, offering the bracelet to Caliope.

Caliope thinks to herself, wanting to ask why Rei, someone from Dangerous Ability, is here.

"[I want to ask, why is the person from Dangerous Ability doing here?]" Caliope asks, looking at Rei with sharp eyes and cold aura