5: The new Mrs. Malhotra

What?

Me?

"I can't marry a man has liked my sister his whole life... I can't marry him, he will always find her in me, and even if we tie the knot, this marriage could never succeed!"

My eyes were all red and puffy from tears as I screamed at his mother. I started to like her, but she... she broke my heart... I believed I could never be hurt more until now. For once... I thought I'd let someone in, but she broke into million pieces.

"Sanaya, beta, what would happen, what could happen, it's all in the future. We must live in present or we'll miss on our lives," Sarika tried to explain her dearly as she liked her, "You will marry my son." she announced.

Sanaya sat on the stool defeated when the makeup artist went over to touch up her look. "You need to stop crying" she said putting a comforting hand on Sanaya's shoulder. Her sobs stopped but she didn't reply anything. The world is as bad as she believed before a month ago.

The groom, smiling and waving to all his friends stood on the stage where the flower garlands were to be exchanged. Daksh's heart beat was rising as he felt confusing feelings to rise in his chest.

Was he doing right? Is Shweta really his the one? It was true he never felt this about any girl other than her, but what did he actually feel about her?

His school friends whistled as the bride entered in a gorgeous red gown.

The bride's entry was marked by fireworks. Daksh looked confused at her, this was not Shweta... this was Sanaya. What? Why was she dressed as bride in place of Shweta? Numerous questions filled his mind as he felt his heartbeat going down.

Surprisingly he found himself in a very calm state which he only felt near his mother. He knew this feeling, the feeling of being safe in his mother's arms. He felt very grounded as Sanaya was taken to the stage and was standing beside Daksh as the whole crowd cheered for them. Being twin sisters only some of his friends who were once close with the girls, noticed.

Daksh found her mother's figure in the front asking for an explanation. He too knew that he can not stop this marriage, as it will cause them years of debt. Sarika met her son's eyes and signed him to go with the flow, she'd explain later. Daksh sighed, knowing nothing could be done.

Since Sanaya was standing just beside him, he asked her, "Where's Shweta?"

Sanaya didn't reply, she was too shocked and hurt from what was happening.

They turned towards each other for the garland exchange ceremony, "Just tell me where she is, please," he pleaded.

Sanaya sighed, "She... ran away" her voice broke in the end. Daksh inhaled sharply understanding the whole situation.