20: The Unknown Feelings

*Daksh's pov*

"Did you pay for my treatment because of me, or because you met my sister?"

The upsetting question was real and had more than half chances to be true.

Did I pay for her because of Shweta? This was the only thing I could think of the whole ride back. Avni came back in time so I wasn't able to answer Sanaya, gladly I got my time to think of it for some time.

Shweta had left even before I knew anything about Sanaya, so how could I pay for Sanaya because of her? I'm not even sure if Shweta meant something for me, because right now, she doesn't.

I know if I ever had to choose between the twins, I'd choose my wife over her in a second. I don't know why, but I know who I want.

Would have I made the same choice before?
Yes I would have.

My mind was blown when a little voice spoke from my inside.

Shweta was pretty, she was once the girl I wanted. But Sanaya and I never shared that bond. Things were never simple between us. She always managed to amaze me, take my mind off her sister.

I've been fooling myself, telling myself that Shweta was the girl I was in love with, when I liked Sanaya all the time.

I never cared about what Shweta thought of me, I could only think of why Sanaya believed she'd say no to me. I was only concerned by the fact that Sanaya would think I'm not capable enough, or that I'm not good enough.

My eyes widen at the insane realisation. I am falling in love all over again with the woman that I let go of.

Knocking on the bedroom door, I heard my wife's sweet voice telling me to come in. She was in her PJ's combing her hair gracefully in front of the mirror. She didn't have any makeup and still looked breathtaking. My heart could burst out of my chest any minute.

"What?" she asked noticing me staring at her.

I closed the door behind me offering her some water that I brought. "Nothing, you look pretty."

She didn't say anything and turned towards the mirror again. "Do you have answer to my question?"

I put the glass on the table nearby, and leaned on the wall. "Yes, and my dear wife I didn't pay for anything, or did anything because of your sister." I said as she gave me a side eye.

"I was stupid to not noice this at first, but I was never in love with your sister." I said. She looked confused as I expected.

"Then... Why did you go all over the trouble of marrying her?" She asked sitting on the bed in her blanket. I followed her laying myself down beside her.

"Because I am a dick head and didn't realise that I had loved someone else all over these years." I said smiling. Noticing her uncomfortable figure I could tell she began overthinking.

"Sanaya," I whispered taking her hand in mine, "I never loved your sister, I always loved you. She didn't make me go crazy, but you did. I thought I'm thinking of your sister but al I thought about was how to prove my worth to you... I realised this late but I accepted the marriage because I was thrilled to know that I could get you in my life again." I sat up looking into her beautiful big brown eyes.

"I am so sorry that I didn't know at first. I proposed you to marry Chetan because he was my assistant and I felt the need to keep you near me. I am so sorry I did this terrible thing. I will make it up to you."

I paused, "Perhaps this was bound to happen. Perhaps we were destined to marr... I know you are not in love with me right now, so I ask you to give me a chance to make you fall in love with me. Let me start all over again, and turn this marriage into the most beautiful thing you could have in your life."